2 part question...

nicoles
on 12/20/05 11:33 pm - SEMINOLE, FL
first of all congratulations to all of you.. 1st..I am a year post op and my hair is still falling and breaking off. I use to get my hair thinned every 3-6 months now my stylist said to stop cutting it, any suggestions? 2nd..Anyone having issues with the bathroom? I only visit my bathroom every 4 days and that is with softners or laxatives. Any suggestions? Thanks, Nicole
Denise
on 12/20/05 11:58 pm - Harrisburg, PA
Hi Nicole - Congratulations on your success! I am still losing some hair, but not nearly at the rate I did in the beginning. I had very thick hair and used to have it thinned, as well, but have stopped doing that. I do know that when I increase my protein intake, less hair comes out, so you might want to try that. I also use Pureology hair products from my salon (expensive, but filled with protein). I'm not sure that makes much of a difference since the hair is dead anyway, but I was willing to try anything! I don't have issues with the bathroom and visit it about once every other day with no assistance (softeners or laxatives). I would suggest talking to your doctor about that problem. Have a wonderful holiday season! Denise
mrs.3m
on 12/21/05 1:01 am - Mesa, AZ
Nicole, I agree w/ Denise on the hair thing. Up your protien. I have the same thing, it will start falling out more when I slack on protien. On the bathroom, have you tried up'ing your fluid intake? I go about every 2-3 days. If it is longer than that then I know I haven't been drinking enough water/fluids. As soon as I up that no problems. If you are already trying that, then hopefully your doc can offer some help. Melissa
sunrise
on 12/24/05 7:52 am - Riverbank, CA
Nicole, First, I want to say how beautiful you are! I take two doses of Biotin a day for hair, nail, and skin strength. 2500mcg ea. It has definitely helped. My major hair loss has ceased with the help of the biotin. With regard to the bathroom, I am in the same boat. I alternate laxative methods to help things move along as naturally as possible.... I have found the most success with "Swiss Kriss," an herbal laxative form Walgreen's, and any other generic laxative in pill form. I am still nervous about the mag citrate because of bubbles/carbonation effect on the pouch. MOM has worked also. My surgeon doesn't seem to be too worried about it. I know I just miss how regular I once was. Yet, not enough to regret the journey I have been on this past year and then some.... Good Luck! Get Biotin form GNC! KNOW YOU ARE NOT ALONE!!!! God Bless & Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!! Dawn 410/380/233/185/149ish high/surgery wt./current/Dr. goal/self goal
Erica Allen
on 12/27/05 12:58 pm - Chattanooga, TN
As far as the potty issue, are you a coffee drinker? If you have a big cup of coffee in the morning, it should get you going within a couple hours. I was never a coffee drinker, but when I go a few days without a bowel, I drink a cup of coffee and I'm able to go. Not sure what it does to cause this, but I've heard it mentioned many times by others as well. I just like the idea of a normal product getting things regulated than jumping to the medicinal aids. I wish you the best. My hair no longer falls out. It might mean you need more protein as others mentioned, but you might want to ask your surgeon. Erica 259/137/130-140ish pre-op/current/goal 8.5 weeks pregnant
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views