I need help and support!

SheliaJ
on 2/5/06 6:45 pm - Laguna Niguel, CA
It's finally time I come here and try to get some help and support. I had my RNY on 11/3/04. I weighed 368 pre-surgery and got down to 264 at my lowest. I've now crept back up to 275. I am so depressed about this whole thing. I had been around 270-265 for several months -- losing and gaining the same pounds over and over again. I take Prozac for stress/depression (not due to weight issues) and amytriptilan (for sleep). I've cut back the Prozac to every other day with no problems. I'm moving that back to once every 3 days as a means to wean myself off. I'm going to stop the Amytriptilan too. I'm wondering if the anti-depressants could be one of the factors in my weight gain. I say one of the factors because I'm not exercising as much as I should and I'm definitely eating bad stuff. I'm hungry ALL the time. I've never felt so out of control. I tell myself that I will do better and then I stuff something in my mouth. I'm making myself crazy. Regarding the exercize factor. I joined Curves in mid-December and went faithfully 3 times a week for about a month. I didn't go the last couple of weeks in January. Now my husband and I are in Maui on vacation. We arrived last Thursday and I found the closest Curves and went Friday morning. I'm planning on going in the morning and then on Wednesday and Friday. I really want to get back on track. I've been talking to myself tonight asking, "What tastes so good that I would do this to myself." I can't find anything that's really worth it. I know I must put a stop to this behavior. Anyone else out there with this problem? Any suggestions, ideas, thoughts? Thanks so much for letting me vent and come clean. I didn't mean this to be such a missive, but I didn't know where else to turn. Shelia
Judy Blackshear
on 2/6/06 2:12 am - Canton, OH
Shelia, I was almost in the same situation. I was not exercising and had fallen back into old eating habits. I'm still in my recovery stages, but I'm determined to get the rest of this weight off. What has helped me is the support I'm getting from this website. By conversing with fellow WLS' on a regular basis, I'm staying focus. My problem was I was isolating myself. I did not go to support group meetings, because of the days they were scheduled. The one friend I have that has had the surgery has bad eating habits too. So, this has been my refuge. Hang in there and talk to us on a regular basis. Most of the WLS have had success, because they exercise on a regular basis, watch their carbs and drink plenty of water. This is what I am doing. I have 30 lbs. more I want to loose. Hopefully, we can encourage each other. Here is my e-mail if you just want someone to talk to: [email protected]. Best wishes, jab
lmt516
on 2/8/06 10:51 pm - Brant Rock, MA
I am the same, I was lucky though I have stayed within 5lbs of my lowest weight. I don't know what to say except you need to get back to exercise, it makes a huge difference. I found when I stopped, I had too much time to think about food and fell back into old habits. You know eating too many carbs, eating late at night, mindless eating etc.. Maybe finding something to do until those feelings pass. Is there any support groups around, even Weigh****chers micht help just to keep you on track. Good Luck!
rywc4life
on 5/23/06 12:27 pm - Lamar, SC
Please help me I have gain 29 pounds back and I need to be losing.
Judy Blackshear
on 2/10/06 1:09 am - Canton, OH
Shelia, I was thinking. A lot of the WLS said making sure you get your protein in helps too. I know my doctor said to get in at least 60 grams per day. If you have a hard time getting the protein in try protein shakes, protein bar and peanut butter. jab
Paula364
on 2/13/06 5:51 am - Loves Park, IL
Dear Sheila, Hey! Your letter could've been written by me!!Years ago(1997) my GP put me on Prozac to loose weight! Prozac has a side effect of anorexia(go figure!).It didn't work for me. I had surgery on 11/30/2004.I lost 70 lbs in the first 5 mos.I've regained 5 back.I continue to bounce up and down the same 3 pounds every week. I know why!! Bad eating habits,coupled with VERY LITTLE exercise.I never liked to exercise,which explains why I reached a top weight of 265lbs(day of surgery).If I liked to exercise,I wouldn't have become this big(DUH!!!!!) Years ago(2002),I joined a "ladies only" gym,telling myself "this time it Will be different,I will loose weight".I went for 2 mos( out of a 2 year contract).I say all this to say"I hear you!!"I totally relate to what you're talking about.On a positive note,I had the surgery to get off my medications(all 7!!).2 for diabetes,2 for blood pressure,3 for cholesterol.I'm still med free!!!Hence, I tell people I'd do it again(have surgery!!).As you can see,I can't offer advice(I'm in the same boat!).But I can offer my friendship/understanding/support. Congrats on your trip to Maui.Hope you had a great time.Feel free to email me back. Paula
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views