I am looking for HELP

misstish
on 2/19/06 1:36 pm - West Bend, WI
My surgery has been over 1 year, I had lost 61 pounds as of 8/20/05 but now I have gained about 11 pounds back. I am very depressed and need to find out how to get back on the road. I am a "grazer" when eating. I don't feel comfortable eating breakfast & lunch so I munch until dinner. I try to eat protein foods but the calories are obviously creeping up. Also, I think I am going back to my stress eating because I am not really hungry. I am so desperate to lose weight that I have actually been looking at articles on bulemia or anorexia. That is crazy. Thanks, Jackie.
mrs.3m
on 2/20/06 5:24 am - Mesa, AZ
OK, you know what you are doing wrong, you are grazing and you don't eat proper meals. The first step to fixing the problem is identifying them, you've done that. Now you need to take the steps to stop the problem. Why don't you eat breakfast or lunch? It is sooo important to eat these meals. They give you the fuel you need for the day and keep you from grazing. But I am not telling you something you don't already know. I don't know what to tell you to make you start eating better though. For me, when I noticed the scale going in the wrong direction, I just started eating better. That was motivation enough. I guess I would say you need to figure out what you need to motivate yourself to eating better. Melissa
misstish
on 2/20/06 1:17 pm - West Bend, WI
Thanks Melissa for responding to my question. Sounds like good advice - kind of the same that I have had since I was first overweight. Guess I need to figure out HOW to do this. I am very happy for you. Thanks, Jackie.
So Blessed!
on 2/20/06 11:47 pm
When you say you "don't feel comfortable" eating breakfast and lunch, does that mean some kind of physical discomfort or are you talking about something else?
Gypsy Blossom
on 2/23/06 9:55 pm - Chicago, IL
Hi Jackie, First of all I have to preface this with "I am not perfect" -- I'm far from it.. I'm struggling with re-establishing good habits, too so please take this advice with that in mind. If eating meals is something you're not doing -- and grazing is what you are doing (and I presume what you've *always* done), then this is the habit you need to establish. You have to make yourself comfortable with eating meals at mealtimes. This is your downfall -- you know this already -- so this is clearly the habit you need to change. Get yourself into the HABIT of eating three squares a day.. focus on protein rich foods at mealtimes -- seriously.. set an alarm for mealtimes.. give yourself 1/2hr to actually eat the food you have for your meal (and stretch it.. don't gobble it down.. really chew it up and take your time tasting it and dedicate this time to nourishing your body).. then when you feel like grazing during the day, grab a bottle or a glass of water, instead. Water is a natural appetite suppressant and you will be replacing an OLD bad habit with a NEW good habit.. It's not going to be easy but you have to do it.. and you CAN do it. And this is your chance to do it. Stefanie
misstish
on 2/27/06 10:54 am - West Bend, WI
I thank everyone for your "Tuff Love" comments. I have always known what I needed to do to lose weight but as now, it is very difficult. How do I get back to eating smaller portions as I did in the beginning? I don't think my pouch has enlarged (not positive) because the other nite I did feel over full just from some cottage cheese & mandarin oranges. Think maybe my dinner didn't digest & that topper was just too much but I did purge my food. Not because I wanted to do it but because the food was laying in my throat. I realize I am my worst enemy however, I did begin exercising last nite & plan continuing it because that is another fault I have, stopped exercising due to not enough "me time". Now I know that it should have been first but I studied until 1:00am in the morning, then got up for work every day of the week. Am REALLY going to try to do the recommended 3 meals a day, portion controlled of course. Thanks to all of you for your honesty. Have a good evening, Jackie.
SGRenteria
on 3/2/06 8:12 am - Roswell, NM
I do weigh****cher frozen meals. Easy to take to work, easy calorie count. Small portions, just right for us. No guess work.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 810 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views