Anyone drinking Soda Yet ?

CURLYQUE
on 2/26/06 4:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
I know no one has ever really answered the true story about being able to have Soda, I have had a few sips her and there and only sips has anyone else had any and what were your side effects For me i have had none but curious about the stomach streaching Let me know surgery date 11/29/2004 226 / 125
Virginia S.
on 2/26/06 9:41 am - Gaffney, SC
yep. hasn't bothered me a bit. But I know I need to drink water and soda takes away from the amount of water I can drink. My advice stay away from it. I am kicking this habit again. If you never start you won't have to stop. Virginia
mrs.3m
on 2/27/06 1:01 am - Mesa, AZ
Have to agree with Virginia, it is a bad habit you shouldn't start up but that being said....I have tried it and it does upset my tummy. It is the carbination for me. I have only tried diet soda too.
suzi16
on 2/27/06 2:47 am - Frazee, MN
I started up drinking Diet Coke about 2 months ago and so far it hasn't bothered me at all. I limit myself to 1 per day. I don't drink coffee so I figure this is my caffeine fix for the day. My doctor has said that 1 per day should be fine. Sue 252/159/130
Erin P.
on 2/27/06 11:08 am - Groton, CT
Ok I'm going to be the bad one here and say that I live off of diet pepsi. I don't think I could live without soda. Ok so that's an exaggeration but I was told pre-op that I could never have it again. Well the first few months were killer. I really tried. I am totally addicted to soda. I only drink diet. I have lost all of excess weight and then some. In fact I am now underweight for my height. I don't think it stretched my stomach out at all. I still can't eat large amounts of food. I'm probably the exception rather than the rule though. The other thing I love to drink (besides my morning coffee) is passion fruit tea from starbucks. Hands down the best tea I have ever tasted. Mix a tiny bit of crystal lite lemonade in there and it's pure heaven! Erin 277/130
Virginia S.
on 2/28/06 10:02 am - Gaffney, SC
Okay Erin how tall are you? I am looking at your stats and thinking hummmm.... 277 I weighed 10 pounds more that that pre op and can't get under 200. My body just wants to stay there. I am 5' 10". Yep - How did you do it? Virginia
Erin P.
on 3/1/06 9:45 am - Groton, CT
I'm 6' even. I really didn't "do" anything. I know it sounds bad. I eat whatever I like for the most part. I love pasta still although I can't eat a ton of it. I eat chips, ice cream when I can tolerate it. Trying to think what I had today to eat. Let's see I always start off my morning with coffee. And then I had an everything bagel toasted with lots of butter. I ate about 3/4 of it. I had no real lunch. I snacked on a kit kat bar and a bag of peanut m&m's along with some diet pepsi. I also had a few animal crackers for a snack. Then I came home and had some hamburger helper stroganoff for dinner. About 2 big scoops, with again a diet pepsi. I'm going to have an ice cream sandwich in a little bit and then I might have some more hamburger helper.
AngelRitt
on 3/1/06 3:48 am - Islip Terrace, NY
Nope.. I don't drink soda. Do I want to?? absolutely. But I was set to the fact it would be one of those things I would have to give up and I have. I've been drinking diet coke since 1987. Now I only drink water flavored with crystal lite or unsweetened iced tea which is the only caffeine I get. I only get that when I'm out to dinner or lunch. I also drink decaf tea. I don't do soda or sugar. I use splenda. ~Angel 255/222/130 at Goal!
Gypsy Blossom
on 3/2/06 3:54 am - Chicago, IL
I do drink soda and don't have a problem with it (other than wanting to drink a LOT of it). I didn't drink much pre-op because I always hated teh taste of diet sodas.. I think I drink more now.. (darn that Coke Zero!).. Anyway.. I gave it up for Lent and plan to stay off it except as a treat every week.. ONCE a week.. not once a day since I keep wanting to push PAST one.. *sigh* I can't drink it fast.. some days it takes me all day (sometimes two days) to finish a 20oz bottle... but some days I can drink it faster.. I agree with whoever else here said don't start.. it's harder to stop once you've started again. Stef Lap RNY 11/12/04 5'11" 390 -> 255 -> 175
SGRenteria
on 3/2/06 8:01 am - Roswell, NM
I drink diet caffein free soda, once in a while. I have less prolems when I have it iced (waters it down). I have a real problem with gas, so I stay away from it as much as possible. Diet A&W rootbeer is my favorite.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views