advice on things to eat

Virginia S.
on 2/26/06 9:39 am - Gaffney, SC
Okay. I am ready to get real with myself. I started this journey at 287 pounds. I lost down to 195. As of this morning I am back up to 209. I have stopped exercising. (I plan to get back to it tomorrow. Well tomorrow is coming Monday for real.) I eat junk. (I will make myself cut it out tomorrow for real!) I will continue to drink my water and get my vitamins in. (Atleast I continued that habit!) I am having difficulty figuring out what to eat. Junk feels better in my pouch than protein and I have never been a big fan of protein anyway. I do like seafood. (Fried best of course!) I like cheese. (Although since RNY I am constipated all the time. ) Which brings me to another question. Can we chew the Fiber Choice tablets? It is the only thing that helps me go to the bathroom. I can not eat eggs or sausage. Please give me some protein suggestions and tell me what amounts you think we should be eating. Check in with me too, and make me accountable for these promises I am making to myself about getting real with myself for real tomorrow. Virginia
SGRenteria
on 3/2/06 7:55 am - Roswell, NM
Try dairy, cottage cheese, soy and don't forget the whey protein drinks. Beans, chicken and pork are great too. If you get a lot of gas chew beano. The anti gas antacids don't help with intestinal gas, only stomach gas. I mix a light yogur****er and designer whey and get a whopping 30 GM of protein. Since I exercise early in the moring I drink this before exercise. It tastes great. Good luck getting back on track. Just remember we all cheat sometimes just keep it to less than 20 percent of the time. When you do cheat, make sure you have some protein with it. I also eat beef jerky. Fiber like triscuits and fruit keep you feeling full. One last thing. The 94% fat free popcorn is wonderful for those times when you want volume.
Diane H N
on 3/6/06 12:12 pm - Merrimack, NH
To get my protien in I have milk when I first get up and cottage cheese for breakfast. try to snack on cheese - ok my cholesterol did go up but my doc is so happy to see the weight loss she's not stressing over it. Tho the junk is easier to eat, I snack on cereal, crackers go down easy, nuts. Solid protien is the best choice but hardest on the pouch. I have ham or chicken salad most days for lunch. (I mince the meat up fine with low fat mayonaise) that sits well. with saltines, not in a sandwich, bread is not always my friend. From the start I've had no trouble with ground beef chili add the beans in for more protien & fiber. I've taken the Fiber Choice tablets, don't have a problem with them, but sometimes go back to the colace once or twice a week. Guess I've rambled on enough good luck diane
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 810 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views