16 month!!!!! Check In!!!

Sphinxy
on 3/9/06 1:44 pm - Redlands, CA
Wow... can you believe it has been that long!!! How are you all doing??? Are you still losing?? If not losing, are you maintaining??? Do you think you will (or have you already) reach your personal goal?? Would you do it again???? What has been the hardest adjustment for you since surgery??? What was the easiest??? What will you do with those extra years you have added to your life span??? B (Promise I will answer as well)
Moma V.
on 3/9/06 10:24 pm - Frogtown, OH
Hi Sphinxy! Very hard to believe that we're this far out already life is good! Doing ok for the most part here, Dr has me on restriction once again because of my back, no work.. no hard play until all the results from the testing is in. Are you still losing?? very slowly, but still losing yep.. 3-4 lbs a month If not losing, are you maintaining??? Do you think you will (or have you already) reach your personal goal?? Actually I am there! I'm 5'7" and 168 lbs.. size 7/8 jean S/M tops.. I like some fluff on me. Would you do it again???? In a NY minute! What has been the hardest adjustment for you since surgery??? the attention. What was the easiest??? living! What will you do with those extra years you have added to your life span??? enjoy every minute of them!
Gypsy Blossom
on 3/10/06 4:00 am - Chicago, IL
Hi, B! I'm actually doing great and REALLY looking forward to the warmer seasons now that they're practically upon us.. (I never looked forward to summer before -- I was always too hot all the time!!) I am still losing, about 7 - 10 every two months (I say it that way because the way I lose is I have a big drop over about a week, then I bounce for about a month and a half..) I think I will eventually meet my personal goal -- it sure seems a lot more likely now than it did 215# ago!.. and would I do it again? YES.. only SOONER!! The hardest adjustment has been wrapping my head around how much space I take up in the universe anymore.. I am still the fat girl in my head. The easiest adjustment has been the mental adjustment.. and it was by no means easy.. but among the transformations I have gone through and am still experiencing, the mental adjustment to how people treat me and how society views me has been the most trouble free. Hmm.. the extra years.. Oh my.. I hope to have children (even though I'm pushing 40 here pretty soon..).. and I hope to spend my time enjoying the world around me.. not being afraid that I won't fit.. or that I'll break something if I sit or stand on it.. I guess just not being afraid. I've already started that and I'm really enjoying it! Stef
Mary Bailey
on 3/10/06 5:56 am - IL
How are you all doing??? I'm doing VERY well. Are you still losing?? No - I lost 96 pounds and have been maintaining since August. If not losing, are you maintaining??? Yes. I go down a pound or two and then up a pound or two, but my goal was 151 (I'm 144) and I've never gotten close to the 151 since I hit it in August. Do you think you will (or have you already) reach your personal goal?? I did reach my personal goal. Would you do it again???? In a SECOND!!! Absolutely!!!! What has been the hardest adjustment for you since surgery??? Thinking like a thin person instead of a fat person. What was the easiest??? Shopping! What will you do with those extra years you have added to your life span??? Enjoy my family - being more social - being more active - loving life instead of dreading it. It's the absolute best thing I could have ever done. Thanks for asking! Mary B. 240/144/151 (below goal)
Sphinxy
on 3/10/06 11:04 pm - Redlands, CA
How are you all doing??? Oh my gosh what a roller coaster ride. Just recently got out of the hospital - so anemic needed to be rransfused!! YIKES!!! No wonder I have been feeling tired. The nurse in the ER told me that in all her years she had never seen someone with levels as low as mine walking and talking!!! DAYYYYMMMM! Are you still losing?? Yes - Is that amazing!!! and I am not even trying... matter of fact I am eating all the time!!! and ironic, the more I graze, the more I lose!!!! My surgeon was not surprised, and actully said that those with distals may need to eat this way... Go figure!!! If not losing, are you maintaining??? Looking forward to that day Do you think you will (or have you already) reach your personal goal?? I am not sure... My primary goal was to be in the onderfuls... and that has happened - I always said that anything after that was gravy... well, I am loving gravy!!!!! Would you do it again???? Oh yes What has been the hardest adjustment for you since surgery??? Dealing with the mental changes - adjustments in personal relationships - letting the fat girl go What was the easiest??? Shipping??!!!! Oh yeah baby... never knew there were so many sales -- a pair of pants for $8 ??? Never happened to me before - don't know how to control myself!!! What will you do with those extra years you have added to your life span??? I really want to do some more acting (gotta get back into the theatre) Want to go on a Mediterranean cruise - want to do some serious travelling and camping with my son! Perhaps get my doctorate??!!! B
preciousm
on 3/13/06 7:52 am - Warsaw, IN
Hi, How are you doing? I've been losing about 6 pounds a month. Will I reach my personal goal? YOU BET I WILL 26 POUNDS TO GO Would I do it again? YOU BET I WOULD I A HEARTBEAT What has been the hardest adjustment? WHAT TO DO WITH ALL THE EXTRA ENERGY AND NOT THINK OF MYSELF AS FAT. What was the easiest? SHOPPING I LOVE SHOPPING What will I do with all those extra years? LIVE I LOVE LIFE ITS GREAT. Kay
AngelRitt
on 3/13/06 11:05 pm - Islip Terrace, NY
Hi B and everyone! So glad to hear you are all doing so well! As for me.. I'm feeling great. Are you still losing?? Nope. I've been done since August. If not losing, are you maintaining???Yes. I lost 92 lbs since surgery and have maintained since August! Do you think you will (or have you already) reach your personal goal?? I have reached the goal the doctor set for me. I am going for my plastics consult next month. So maybe after I get a tummy tuck i'll be at my goal. Would you do it again???? In a heartbeat! What has been the hardest adjustment for you since surgery??? not being able to drink soda or having sugar. But I am very committed to that vow. I don't drink soda and never have sugar. What was the easiest??? being able to breathe!! What will you do with those extra years you have added to your life span??? Enjoy life. Breathe easier. Wait for grandchildren some day. ~God Bless Angel 255/222/130 at goal!
lmt516
on 3/16/06 10:55 pm - Brant Rock, MA
How are you all doing??? I am feeling fabulous!!! Are you still losing?? No, I have been up & done the same 5lbs since September. If not losing, are you maintaining??? Yep. Do you think you will (or have you already) reach your personal goal?? My goal was 175, I am 8 lbs over. I would like to lose another 40 so I am confident I can once I get back on track. I have been enjoying the freedom of a healthier life and cheating with too many carbs here & there. Would you do it again???? ABSOLUTELY!!! What has been the hardest adjustment for you since surgery??? Soda & alcohol. I am a cheap date now, 1 drink and I am warm & toasty, 2 and I get a bit drunk and that is over the course of a 5 or 6 hour evening. What was the easiest??? Shopping!! What will you do with those extra years you have added to your life span??? I will appreciate them. Enjoy my son, watching him become a grown up person, eventually seeing my grandkids. The more tangible, I fit in a rollercoaster & airplane seat with ease, so I am enjoying traveling.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views