How many calories are you guys eating?

preciousm
on 3/13/06 7:45 am - Warsaw, IN
I was wondering about how many calories you guys eat in a day? I've notice my calorie intake use to be 1000-1200 a day but I've went up to around 1400 calories, I've decided I still have 26 pounds that I want to lose so I'm cutting my calories. I trying not to go above 1000 calories. I notice also that now I can eat more then before that scarces me. Do you guys feel like that. I'm constantly watching what I eat. I WILL NOT GAIN ALL MY WEIGHT . I have lost 169 pounds but I'm determined I WILL LOSE THE REST 26 pounds to go baby. kay
AngelRitt
on 3/13/06 11:25 pm - Islip Terrace, NY
I wish I could help you but unfortunately I don't count calories, carbs or weigh my food. I just avoid all sugar other than natural sugar in fruit. I try to stay away from greasy food. I eat some fried food but for the most part I do try to avoid it. I lost 92 lbs since surgery plus about 30 before surgery. I'm currently down a total of 125 lbs from my highest weight. I exercise as often as possible. I eat alot of fruit for snacks. I figured it wasn't fruit that got me fat. In fact I'm eating a banana as we speak. Oh yeah, I also can eat more now than before. Sometimes if I think I'm eating too much I just stop and push the plate away. If i'm out at a restaurant than I just put my napkin over my plate so I'm not tempted to still pick at the food. Another trick, when eating salad..I hate diet dressing so I just get regular dressing on the side and dip my fork in it and then take some salad. This way I get the taste of dressing with every bite but I'm not using the entire thing of dressing. When I'm done with my salad it looks like I haven't even touched the dressing. I'm not good about drinking my water but try to drink more water and maybe it will fill you up and you won't want to eat as much. Just a few suggestions. Good luck with your journey! God Bless~ ~Angel 255/222/130 at Goal!
Sphinxy
on 3/14/06 1:46 pm - Redlands, CA
Not counting calories... or carbs... or gms of protein. What I do ... try to get 5 - 7 fresh fruits or vegetables in a day... and as much protein as I can gather.... tough even to do this.. B
Michelle110804
on 3/16/06 12:36 am - North Charleston, SC
Everyone is different of course...but I usually end up at between 1500-1800 calories by the days end. I have kept a journal on my kitchen counter from the beginning of my surgeey that tracks exercise, fluid intake, calories, and protein. I do not count carbs I just do not eat bread/pasta/potatos/rice/starches etc. I do eat oatmeal/grits/popcorn a few times a week. I eat lots of fruit mostly apples, strawberries, blackberries. I eat salads with spinach leaves, cucumbers, hardboiled eggs, ff turkey or ham. - But only at home because I use Walden Farems no calorie dressings, I like my salads drenched. I do not eat out, unless it's a special occassion and if I do I get chicken or seafood...those are safe foods to me and I can guessitmate the calories in my head. I usually have two protein drinks plus 3-4 meals a day. I drink atleast 80 oz of fluids and get 80+ grams of protein. (with my PS I have been making sure to get 100+ protein to help with recovery) I am at goal and have been for 4 months. I go to the gym 5-6 days a week, whi*****ludes atleast an hour of elliptical/running/weights etc. I have been exercising since a month before my WLS. I can eat a good portion of food, it's normal and I do not buy that crap on the main board about a nibble of this and a nibble of that and a protein drink...I'd starve. I can eat a 6 ounce piece of grilled chicken and a few bites of a veggie. (I have gone to breakfast at Denny's with my best friend and while she eats a meal w/ the works I eat a grilled chicken breast. - restaurants will serve you anything you want a la cart, just ask) But- since 02-27-06 I have been trapped at home recovering from my LBL, not allowed to go to the gym, not allowed to drive, still tight and moving slow but have been taking care of my self (live alone) since day 5. And yet I am still eatting between 1500-1800 calories, no exercise and maintaining. There was a really good post on the main board the other day that explains BMR, maintenance calories needed, and you can calculate how to lose a pound a week. http://www.bmi-calculator.net/bmr-calculator/ Here's a short cut: My BMR is 1500, but lets guessimate that most are about 1200. Thats the resting metabolic calorie burn when you are doing nada. If you take in 1200 calories a day x 7 days = 8400 eatten in a week If you burn 1200 calories a day doing zilch x 7 = - 8400 burned --------------------------------------------------------------- Then you netted 0 / zero calories in a week To lose 1 pound, you need to burn 3500 calories Now comes the exercise. If you exercise say 3 times a week for an hour on the elliptical you will burn 600 cal x 3 days = 1800 Which would make you at a negative - 1800...but you need to be negative -1600 more...you can eat less, or exercise more... If you ate 1000 calories a day x 7 = 7000 and burned 1200 doing nothing x 7 = -8400 and exercised 4 days atleast 600 = -2400 ------------------------------ you would have burned - 3800 calories [ a one pound lose a week] but you have to keep track of what you eat, every bite counts. and you need to exercise more than a sad 30 minute walk for it to count. For me with no exercise the past 2 and half weeks and eatting about 1700 calories a day I net 1400 calories a week, and my scale is still sitting on 156-158 with lots of swelling. I can't seem to eat less than 1500, I need/want food and I am home alone with the fridge all freaky day/night. I am ready to get back to work and my gym. But I am eatting good foods and doing fine. Next week I am going to start walking the neighborhood, I am still a bit hunched forward, but its getting better as the days go and it loosens some. Ugh..it's been awhile since I babbled over here, hope something helped. I have cabin fever, my friend is coming over today to take me out for a few hours to run errands and to my support group meeting tonight. I have some gross pictures of my Pre-Surg Skin, During-Surg Skin, and 1 week Post-Op LBL if anyone is interested. I do not have a good shot of my toosh, but the sharpee wrinkles are gone! I have one drain left in my right hip and the tape was removed from all the incision yesterday, it really doesn't look too bad and it will only fade as time goes by. http://photobucket.com/albums/e31/michelleplastics/ I'll post 3/6/9 month pictures down the road as the swelling goes away and I can exercise and tone back up. The scale said 149 the day I came home from my outpatient LBL. My goal is to get back to that by time my PS takes pictures for my 6 mnth mark. I plan on have a breast lift and implants next and possible inner thigh lipo at same time (not sure yet). Then my third surgery will be arms, and the fourth inner thighs. All self pay . Michelle 324/ at goal - float between (154-158) Plastic Surgeon Dr. Hensel @ Low Country Plastic Surgery Chas S.C
Butterfly Reborn
on 3/19/06 4:29 am
The last time I checked --1400-2000! *gasp* I'm pretty active chasing around a 2 year old and running around with the aliens(teenagers) thought I don't exercise. I lift weights for my arms in the privacy of my own bathroom and that's it. I have to requirements in life. I don't like to sweat and I have to be able to get to a bathroom fast! I need to get back on fitday.com and start tracking better. I think this game of having to gain weight is OVER!!!!!!! Ugh! Perhaps ask your nut or surgeon about daily calorie intake. We're not meant to survive on 2 oz of food and 1000 calories a day forever! Sometimes you can be eating NOT ENOUGH to lose. Best, ~Vanessa~
fishtayl
on 3/26/06 2:12 am - Bealeton, VA
1000 to 1200--but to be honest I am not very active. So I could eat more if I was more active. (down 155 pounds and zero to go!)
preciousm
on 3/26/06 9:16 am - Warsaw, IN
Thanks guys for your response. I'm down 3 pounds this week ya. Kay
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help