Anyone had plastic surgery yet?

kevslilkity
on 3/19/06 1:54 pm - AL
Just curious as any of you have had plastics yet? Are you going to? I am. I just checking around right now trying to narrow the docs down. What did you/are you having done? I am having TT and breast lift most likely with implants. Melinda
tdickson
on 3/19/06 10:23 pm - Mechanicsville, MD
Hi Melinda, I am scheduled to have surgery 5/1. I am having LBL, Breast Lift, TT, and arms. I will go back for a second surgery after recovering from this one to get my neck and inner thighs done. Good luck, Teresa
kevslilkity
on 3/19/06 11:51 pm - AL
Wow! Are you excited? Let me know how you do! Melinda
Donna33
on 3/21/06 1:39 am - Lee's Summit, MO
How or Did your insurance pay for this surgery. I have started looking and I have an appointment April 7 to see a surgeon. But he asked if I have been at a steady weight for 6 months but I am still loosing but I am tired of looking at this extra skin. And asked for the surgeon notes. Did you go through the same thing?
kevslilkity
on 3/21/06 9:51 am - AL
I think you might have been responding to Teresa's reply above mine. I haven't had any plastic surgery yet. I'm still checking out docs. If you are still loosing, I would follow the surgeons advise or you'll be having to have it again after you stop loosing. It is too expensive to have twice. My insurance will probably not cover any of mine. In a way it is good because I don't have alot of hanging skin. On the other hand it's bad because it is gona cost me alot money! Melinda
(deactivated member)
on 3/27/06 10:40 pm - Trumbull, CT
Donna, You need to have a good proof of problems caused by hanging skin for your insurance. Keep track of all rashes, etc. and have it all documented. The plastic surgery forum is a better source for all the information. I was self pay, but it was worth every penny of it. 8 lb of skin was removed from my TT and BL, and I love the way I look. Link to plastic surgery forum is below: http://www.obesityhelp.com/forums/plasticsurgery/posts.html
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 4:31 am
Oh my god they are gonna do all those surgeries at once? I had each arm done separately and each leg done separately and couldn't imagine how the hell you are gonna do all those at once. I'm not talking about pain, I'm talking mobility. you are gonna need your arms to get yourself up and down. Trust me on this one. I'm not flaming you, warning you is more like it. We're talking several weeks of mobility issues because of the LBL and TT. Your arms will play an important role on keeping the stitches in place for those and you might screw up the arms doing it. I would at least discuss this with the doctor before you go ahead with this. I hate to see you ruin the arms because you are in a hurry to get the skin removed. Trust me I had to have an arm revision because I was stubborn and wouldn't wait until cooler weather to have them done and the sweat screwed up the scar's healing. Please don't be upset with me, I just want to help you do it right the first time Tee
tdickson
on 3/21/06 5:01 am - Mechanicsville, MD
Hi Tee, I appreciate the concern and do not think you are flaming me at all I am worried about having it all at one time but my surgeon assures me that I will be fine and comfortable. He says that I will be able to return to work in two weeks at least part time. I really researched before choosing him and he is suppose to be great at what he does and is very familiar with gastric bypass patients. I have spoken with a few of his clients and they have all been very satisfied with him. I am sure that come May 2nd I will be thinking why didn't I listen to Tee??? Live and Learn Teresa
(deactivated member)
on 3/21/06 9:21 pm
SO has this doctor ever had this surgery done to him?: I had my legs done in January and they still are not 100%, just forewarning you. Let me know how it goes cause if you are back to work in 2 weeks and functioning well, I'm coming to have your doc do my TT Tee
tdickson
on 3/21/06 9:32 pm - Mechanicsville, MD
I doubt that he would ever even need surgery but then again maybe that is why he looks so good www.bellaplasticsurgery.com I know that this is not going to be easy but I am generally a fast healer so hopefully it will work out. I went back to work a week after my gastric bypass surgery with no problem other then getting tired. Actually the only pain I had from my other surgery was my back from laying on the operating table for so long in the same position. I talked to my ps about this and he said it won't be a problem since they move you around during the ps surgery. Wish me luck and say a prayer for me Teresa
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 811 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views