17 months... do you really remember??

Sphinxy
on 3/31/06 4:58 pm - Redlands, CA
Do you really remember...... What you looked like before surgery??? Take out those before pictures and give yourself a pat on the back for making a bold move towards longer life!!! I was shocked when I looked at my presurgical picture at the doctors office!!!! DAYYYYYM! How much you really ate before surgery??? Go out to dinner with one of your old favorite eating buddies and have dinner - see if they can tell you, or if you can truly remember. I can remember having appetizers, dinner, desert and drinks... without a pause. Now I take home a doggie bag most places I go. How big your clothes really were??? Did you save at least one pair of pant for that two legs in one pants leg of your favorite pants shot??? Now's the time guys... take a long look.... we don't ever want to go back there right??? How you felt moving around in the world and how people treated you??? Take a long hard look at the next morbidly obese person you see tomorrow in public... watch how that person is moving... does it look painful? I remember the pain well! Watch how the cashier, the man walking by and other people treat him/her. It is amazing how invisible the obese are, and how we don't sometimes even look eye to eye. Observe their posture and yours now... any differences? I find I hold my head a lot higher and am a lot more bold now... I complain when I think something is wrong and I refuse what I don't want... didn't do that quite so often as an SMO (super morbidly obese) person. What it felt like to run?? I couldn't when I was at my highest... did you? Anyway, this is no Aprils Fools Joke... Your life has changed dramatically - time to take stock and celebrate!!! b
Michelle110804
on 4/1/06 5:04 pm - North Charleston, SC
Holy Thin Chixs! You look fabulous dawling! Michelle 5 weeks post-LBL
Sphinxy
on 4/2/06 5:13 am - Redlands, CA
Thanks Michelle.... speaking of "thin chix"... you have been transformed!!!! How are things going!!! How is it in the hospital these days?? B
Butterfly Reborn
on 4/2/06 1:37 am
Yes!!! I really remember -- each and every day!!!!! You look fantastic! Hugs, ~V~
Sphinxy
on 4/2/06 5:15 am - Redlands, CA
Thanks... Love your screen name by the way... speaks volumes..."butterfly reborn"... hasn't this truly been a transformational rebirth!!!?? B
Butterfly Reborn
on 4/2/06 8:19 am
Thanks! It is the literal translation of my first and middle name! In fact, my entire name translates into a sentence that makes sense! Honest! My sister's first and middle names translate to: "Enchangintly beautiful follower of the Annointed One." Amazing!!! Best, ~V~
Moma V.
on 4/3/06 1:15 am - Frogtown, OH
Ugh... yes I remember what I looked like before surgery. Especially these last few days as I got a new computer and have been moving files and photo's. I will never forget and how far I've come, I refuse to ever let myself go there again. I will fight for my new lifestyle/body.. I feel too good to give it up for that unsatisfactory life of before. People do comment when we go out to eat, but not on how much I used to eat, it's now.. is that ALL your going to eat? Ah heck I don't know if I still have any of those clothes, I've been giving a lot away.. but there is more.. always more it seems, creep out of nowhere to remind me. Me run at my highest weight? Heck no only in my dreams.. I could barely walk then, used a wheelchair for most everything, sat in a chair to do dishes. It seems I watch obese people more these days, I feel their pain, I wish I could reach out to them all and tell them there is a better way in life. I remember that pain, the hurt of being ignored, the out of breath always moments. I love it when my pouch still reminds me it is in charge at 16 months out. Even though dumping hurts, makes me feel awful.. I'm glad. Peace and hugs, Vickie 11/22/04 5'7 348/319/166
(deactivated member)
on 4/5/06 2:16 am
Hi b, Wow, if the little pic wasn't inside the new one I would not have known who you were. Great job. It's funny today was in a place where I had not seen this girl in a few years and she was blown away by the way I looked. I have gotten so used to what I see now, it's no big deal anymore. I also have to laugh at your comment about how much we USED to eat and what we eat now because some days I think I'm eating like a pig, but if I add it all up into one lump sum, the whole day's food is less than I would have consumed in 1/2 hour pre surgery. No matter what I will never regret doing this, other than not doing it earlier. Thanks for the re-inforcing Tee
Summer
on 4/6/06 9:43 am - Home sweet home, CA
Wow B you look great!! I love the pic!! Life has surely changeD. I think I do forget what I use to look like. I talked to a few people who think it's because I had been thin before...but I'm not so sure. Last Month I had my PS and yesterday I finally looked at my before pics...before WLS and before PS ....Wow that was really good for me to do!! An eye opener. Your post is a perfect reminder for us to appreciate what we have now! My husband said to me last weekend that my body looks like it did when I met him 2 kids and 13 years ago! Running ...does a running a few feet count? Now I can chase my little 3 year old down!!! I do watch other MO people. yesterday at a sporting event I was watching a MO women trying to catch her 3 yr old. She would shout at him from afar to STOP! My fear when I was MO that my then 2 yr old would run into danger and I wouldn't be fast enough to grab him and pull him back! I can run past him now ...........life is good!! Take Care!!!!!!!! Happy Summer!
AngelRitt
on 4/11/06 1:21 am - Islip Terrace, NY
Hi B, You are always so inspiring. I love it when you post. I already did the whole body in one pant leg pic the day after Christmas. It is on my page. As for running. I love to run. I find myself running to my car all the time. Just simply because I can now. Eating out.. I remember the same as you.. appetizer, main course, dessert. It amazes me that I ate all of that in one sitting. Life is great and I'm glad we are all in it and feeling healthy! I was in a fashion show two weeks ago. I will post pics of me as soon as I get them downloaded. I had such a blast. It was called the "New Me" fashion show. The support group I go to sponsored it. There were about 14 of us girls. We got to dress in casual wear, career wear, dressy and formal. I felt like a princess going to my prom(which I never got to do). Anyway.. God bless you all and have a great day. Keep on fighting the fight. ~Angel 255/222/130 at Goal!
Most Active
Recent Topics
Helloooooooooo out there!
Sphinxy · 1 replies · 809 views
where is everyone?
Moma V. · 4 replies · 1022 views
New Year coming....back on track!
Patti N · 1 replies · 856 views
Help
Jan M. · 7 replies · 1163 views
Iron deficieny
Dru B. · 4 replies · 973 views