dec 3

nova116
on 11/13/09 11:48 pm - eaton, OH
I have my surgery date set for  Dec 3 which took a long time in the making. Yesterday at work my nurse manage informed me that my supervisor would not approve me for being off work thru the holidays. they thought I would only be off for 2 weeks. and get this,,, I was told I might have to cancel my surgery!! ( not an option!)  I am having a lap r-n-y. I can go back on light duty and not do anything basicly for the next 2 weeks at work. I have not spoken with my doctor yet about this. when I had my pre-op visit with him we changed my procedure from lap band to r-n-y. I was thinking he said 4 weeks in a regular job but less if it was a desk job. How much time has other people scheduled off?? I will still be off on Christmas day and Christmas eve. good luck to everyone!!
taraemerson
on 11/16/09 9:37 pm - New Boston, TX
Hey congrats on the date...its my date too.....

if your having lap Rny, i think you'll be okay to return to work......

my bestie had it last July, 2 weeks later she drove 65 miles to see me, and while she was here, she was running, not walking around my yard chasing her child...i hollered at her misty your gonna undo something, she just laughed and said i havent had any pain at all.....

she has done super great and so will you.....take the light duty, its better than trying to find a job in this economy...

Good luck on your surgery!!!!
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 906 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 916 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1118 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1042 views