Dec 10th - the 1st day of the rest of my LIFE!!!

Melissa C.
on 11/16/09 9:18 am - big lake, MN
I met my surgeon today and scheduled surgery!  It is set for Thursday, December 10th.  What a weird, exciting, scary feeling.  I started this journey May 17th when I saw the surgeon give an informational seminar.  I haven't seen him since then.  Now, all the waiting and wondering and it's finally really going to happen.  I just have to pinch myself!

What an incredible doctor/man he is, too.  The first thing he told me is that the band is not magic.  It's just a piece of rubber...nothing less, nothing more.  He puts it in and that's all there is to it.  The REAL work happens "here" as he pointed to his head.  He said this is all about resolving what is in our head and heart.  That is the toughest part of this journey.  I thought that was pretty great to hear from a surgeon.

He also went on to answer any and all questions I had.  He spent over an hour with me just talking, getting to know me, to know what I want, to hear about my two precious little boys who died and how that impacted my life.  Wow!  That's all I can say.

I had to sign a contract with him and he said he takes it very seriously and really made me feel like it was more than just signing my name to a piece of paper.  He talked through each item on it and emphasized why each item was important.  He made me feel important, too.  He really seemed to care.

Well, enough of that now.   I have a date!! 
Melissa C.

Starting:  250.5
Surgery (12/10/09):  238
Current: 235
Goal: 160
Annette M.
on 11/16/09 9:55 am
oh my god that is great news for you :)  Now comes the hard part ...  it will seem ,like December 10th will never get here - but it will - all to fast - don't obsess about it - like i did -  it takes over your life and it is crazy .  i am SO sorry to hear about your little boys - how tragic :(

you are getting ready to start the phase in your life --- get ready to enjoy it :)

Annette
Melissa C.
on 11/21/09 7:20 am - big lake, MN
How are you doing?  I've been thinking about you and wondering how the last few days have been.

Melissa
Melissa C.

Starting:  250.5
Surgery (12/10/09):  238
Current: 235
Goal: 160
(deactivated member)
on 11/20/09 3:29 pm
Dec 10th is my surgery date too!  I see you are from the Twin Cities, what hospital are you having it at?  I'm having mine at Fairview Southdale in Edina.  I'll be thinking about you, good luck!!
Melissa C.
on 11/21/09 7:19 am - big lake, MN

Congratulations, Lisa!  It's exciting, but a little nerve-racking, too.  I'm having surgery at Methodist Hospital in St. Louis Park.  We'll have to keep in touch, since our process will be similar (hopefully) and we can support and co-miserate with each other!!  Good luck!

Melissa
Big Lake, MN

dani_arter326
on 11/25/09 12:57 pm
Congrats to you!! My surgery is the 10th also!! Good luck with everything!

HW-335   SW-332   CW-178.5  GW-150
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 906 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 916 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1118 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1042 views