Gastric Sleeve ....Scheduled for 12/21......New to Board, Too

lattalove
on 12/17/09 1:14 am - Austin, TX
Hello All,

Beginning to get scared. I have been fine for weeks and months trying to get my surgery scheduled but now that it is almost here I am becoming fearful. So some of you that have gone before me please tell me what to expect in the first couple of weeks. I will not be having any liquid protein and will be on clear liquids only. Did you any of you take your Cpap or Autopap to the hospital with you and how did that work out? I worry about nausea.

Lattalove
LyndseyLouWho
on 12/17/09 1:48 am - Nyack, NY
 Hi there! 
I'm the same way, and I still have 11 days before my surgery. It's beginning to freak me out, especially since there's a chance my parents may not be able to make it up here for my surgery which would leave me all alone. 

I was prescribed Emend to take when I change into the gown before surgery in order to prevent nausea after surgery.

Welcome to OH, and good luck!
Lyndsey

lattalove
on 12/19/09 2:59 am - Austin, TX
Hi Lyndsey,

Thanks for the reply. As I mentioned I am new to this so am slooooooowwwww to respond. I have less than 48 hours until my procedure and am having much anxiety over it. I am very excited but yet fearful too. I will have my husband at the hospital the day of surgery but he will return to our home a couple of hours away. I will not see him again until time to be released from the hospital on Dec 23/24. I do hope your parents are able to make it there for your surgery. If not your parents then is someone else?

I will question the nausea fear once I am admitted in the hospital with hopes that it is taken care of. The doctor is very experienced so I think I will be fine. Just anxiety taking hold of me needlessly.

Thanks for the welcome and well wishes. I do hope I see LESS of you here real soon! Smile, I mean that kindly!

lattalove
LyndseyLouWho
on 12/19/09 3:41 am - Nyack, NY
Haha - I definitely hope to see less of you here soon, too!!! 
Our anxieties are normal, and I can't imagine how crazed I'll be this time next week, but you'll be back to the board by then to tell me all will be well ;)

btrfly9
on 12/21/09 7:32 am
Hi ! I was sleeved last Tuesday 12/15 - I was approved the Wednesday before Thanksgiving, those two weeks I could have jumped out of my skin!
I was also given a pill to take right before surgery to ward off the nausea from the anesthesia
I was told to bring my mask only not my full cpap machine, they wound up putting one of those little tubes right at the beginning of my nostrils instead - they also did not give me a pump pain drip because apparently I was not breathing welll with it so they came in an put the pain meds in my IV (but that was me...) I had clear liquids the two days before surgery (prior to that it was a protein shake for breakfast and lunch and a small dinner w/ protein and veggies -
IN the hospital I was not given anything after surgery until the swallow test the next morning - after I was back in my room and passed my swallow test they sent up crystal lite, chicken broth and sugar free jello, I could have a total of 3 oz; they also gave me  --- the second day they brought me the same for breakfast and by lunch I had peed enough to come home :)
Once I came home I was to have 64 oz of water and 9 oz of protein shake for two weeks - I am having a hard time getting all the water in .... but I am okay w;/ the 3 0z for B/L/D.
My pain has not been bad
I will say walk, walk as much as you can once the nurse gets you up and out of bed ..... and when they do give the liquids sip, sip, sip ---- I followed those instructions and have not had too many issues w/ gas pains.

Hope this was helpful as everyones experience/doctor's orders are differant.

Lottsaluck :)

Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 903 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 912 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1113 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1038 views