Recent Posts

Tere O.
on 6/14/10 12:51 pm - West Saint Paul, MN
Topic: RE: 6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Chrissy
First of all....wow!  How much healthier you are now and I bet you can do so many more things too! 

Depression makes me eat too.  Or...it did.  Now I try to recognize my emotions and make other choices.

I am down 80 + lbs and am seeing my boobs drop lower and lower...talk about a yoyo!  Mine are "walking the dog"  rofl!!

...     ...             ...  ...                

na_na711
on 6/12/10 11:57 am
Dec. 16th was my date.  I am also losing weight but starting to miss certain foods.  I started out at 353lbs and am now at 264lbs.  I'm only 5'4" so every pound shows.  I still want to lose at least another 100 lbs or so.  Dr. said I would lose only to 244lbs, why should I stop there?  I wish I could make it to the support groups but have no time for them and would have to go  at least 30 miles.  How do we know if we are on track or not?    I would love to be friends with someone who went thru this about the same time as myself. 
Retta
Chrissy D.
on 6/12/10 11:48 am - Canada
Hi!  It was my 6 month band anniversary on June 8th, and finally I can see the results.  I am down 40 lbs. and have 40 lbs. more to go!  So this is officially the half way mark for me!

I have more ups and downs then a yo-yo!  My husband was away for a year so I didn't eat at all in the beginning, and was very depressed.  Now he has a new job at home and I want to eat too much! 

I am seeing the results now, today I wore a size XL dress to my daughters ballet recital, and at Xmas I wore size 30 jeans and a 5X top!  I have lost two shoe sizes and can see my toes for the first time in 20 years!  I feel very different!

How are you doing?
Chrissy D

48 years old and shrinking by the pound!

Tere O.
on 6/12/10 10:21 am - West Saint Paul, MN
Topic: 6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
So....

I know that I am not the only one that is dealing with all that rolls your way after the 6 months are up. 

Is anyone out there??? 

...     ...             ...  ...                

MacawMother
on 5/12/10 6:40 pm
Topic: RE: Sharing my day with you guys
Good for you on the walking!   I have always hated exercise so there's nothing new about me not doing it!

I was keeping a journal in an excel spreadsheet but I wasn't doing it all the time because I don't always have a computer with me.  So I bought a food journal at the bookstore.  I saw several of them there when I went.  One was called a "diet minder" and that was a good one but I chose the "daily planner diet journal".  It does seem like I eat a lot of the same things too.  I have a list I typed up and slipped into my journal of the common food items I eat with the totals so it's easy to record.    The book is nice, in the back there is a list of food items and their nutritional values to help you in case you're eating out or something.    Here's what I ate on Tuesday...

Oatmeal (with protein powder)  130 cal, 12 pro
Starbucks skinny vanilla late with protein12oz 130 calories, 15 pro
2 oz beef jerky 160 cal, 24 pro
creamy chicken soup (with protein) 100 cal, 15 pro
premier protein shake 160 cal, 30 pro
1/2 cup 2% cottage cheese  100 cal, 14 pro
crystal light packet 10 cal

total calories 790
total protein 110
total fluids 79 ounces
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
Teresa D.
on 5/12/10 5:03 pm - Peachland, NC
Thank you for responding.  I try to walk every day usually a mile or so.  How do you keep a food journal, on line?  I have been doing that also in the beginning but I find that I get tired of doing it after a while and plus it seems I eat the same things all the time. 

Good talking with you!

Teresa
Teresa D.    
MacawMother
on 5/12/10 5:43 am
Hi Teresa!

My ticker is not updating but I've lost 102 lbs.  I was 60 lbs heavier than you at your starting point though.  30 of that was done on my pre-op diet (6 weeks before surgery).  Everyone is different so it's hard to compare yourself to someone else.  There are variances with age, height, starting weight, etc.  My doctor's goal for me is 177 pounds (54 more pounds) but that would still put me in the "overweight" category for my BMI.  While I would be happy at 177 I sure would like to be 150 but if I don't hit that I'm OK with 177.  I must admit I have not been very good at exercising.  I did it in the beginning at my doctor's office (strength training).  Then I joined a gym and was going regularly and I haven't been going lately.  I started a food journal and with that it tracks exercise and fluid intake.  I'm going to get my butt moving!!!

Good luck to you!  Keep up the great work!  I look forward to hearing about your progress in the future!
MacawMother   Heighest/333        Goal/177        Current/152  =  total loss of 181 lbs
Looking into plastics now.   Would like a lower body lift, thigh lift, & boob job.
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/10 10:55 pm - Royse City, TX
I haven't done a ton of exercising as of yet. I work in my yard weekly... mowing, weeding and edging. I am way more active in general so instead of avoiding an all day shopping trip or getting on the trampoline with my neices and nephews, I am there before they are!

The weather isn't terrible. It has gotten up to the mid-90's, but I LOVE the sun. It cooled off a bit this weekend after the rain, so it was almost freezing to me... while everyone else was in shorts and t-shirt.

Teresa D.
on 5/9/10 4:10 pm - Peachland, NC
Wow, you have done excellent! 

I also feel great.  Seems I eat the same thing all the time but that's OK, that is my comfort zone.  I actually am still trying to navigate around on this website.  I try to exercise everyday but it is getting so hot here its going to be hard to continue doing it outside.  I have been walking with a few ladies at work.  Talking about being hot, I am sure its winter time compared to what the temp is for you in TX.  What do you do for exercise? 

Good talking with you. 
TD
Teresa D.    
(deactivated member)
on 5/9/10 12:57 pm - Royse City, TX
I was wondering if anyone came back to this page after their surgery! :-) I have almost hit my 80 lbs mark... my surgery was the day after yours! I lost 13lbs before surgery, so 67 since day of surgery.

How are you feeling?!? I feel AWESOME! I have about 70 lbs to go...
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 906 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 915 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1118 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1042 views