Recent Posts

lisastoybx
on 1/28/10 8:01 am
Topic: RE: Had GBS Dec 17th anyone else?
Yes I have a cabinet full of bad protein powder. I usually make my drinks with carnation instant break fast drink (8gms protein)1cup skim milk (8) and vanilla yogurt ( i cant remember how much protein) and Ice. I have a protein mix from juice plus company (17gms in a scoop) it is not gritty. You might be able to find it on line. My neighor sells it. It comes in vanilla and choc. And does not have that after taste that most have.  have you blended your smoothis with ice? If not try it you might not get the gritty feeling.
Tango
on 1/28/10 7:49 am - fresno, CA
Does the protein powder taste gritty 2 u? Tried to make a smoothy with fruit and vanilla protein powder. It was horrible.
lisastoybx
on 1/28/10 7:44 am

No no green or fresh veggies. I was told I cant have them for a couple more months. My doc did say I could have an apple or pear as long as I peeled the skin off. I do make sure I chew everything vert well. I can't eat very much at a time less then a 1/4 of a cup. I just experiment with what I think I might like. My taste buds are stil out of whack.  I waste alot of food. I bought a bullet it is the greatest thing. you can make slushies and protein drinks it makes it easy. and has cups that you can take with you. Oh I also have to make sure i pay attention when im eating or i start eating to fast and then get sick. Just eat a bit wait alittle give it time to get to your pouch. I started out with scramble egg then went from there. Let me know how it goes.

Tango
on 1/28/10 5:30 am - fresno, CA
Dam I'm scared 2 eat I need 2 get with it. Have u eaten any type of green salad? Tango
lisastoybx
on 1/28/10 5:20 am
Sorry I did not get back to you sooner. Lots of eggs, boiled, egg salad, fried in pam. cheese sticks, swedish meatballs, reg meatball. gound turkey I have used mexican cheese sauce, brown gravy. in and on  my meat. meatloaf. raviolli (cheese) Butter Beans pureed, Taco bell refried beans. I made a spinach cheese bake the other day from egg shredded cheese cotage cheese and parm cheese and of course the spinach. I did find a protein drink Isopure it is kind of like koolaid it comes in a 20oz bottle and has 40gms of protein. I like some of the flavors but I have mixed some crystal light in with it to help it taste better. I find that pasta and breads seem to sit in my stomach and make me very uncomfortable. Oh Fish. I had tuna sand from subway and scraped it out of the bread (It had a lot of flavor) and just broiled fish. breaded fish doesnt sit well either. I am trying to do the protein shake in the am, Mixed with peanut butter or a banana. How are things going for you. Have you found anything wonderful?

nymomof2
on 1/26/10 7:12 am
Lap Band on 12/09/09 with
Topic: RE: I don't think I get dumping (how do you know?)
I had my surgery on 12/9. I haven't had dumping either.  The most I've experienced is what's been referred to as the "slimeys", if I eat something to fast or to dry it plays elevator in my throat and my mouth gets filled with saliva... sorry if that sounds gross. 
As far as getting full, I've felt that I don't get full either, but I do stop when I'm comfortable.  I see my surgeon tomorrow so I'm not sure if he's going to want to do a fill being I've lost 24.5 lbs. From what I've read on this site that most Dr's don't like to do fills if they see your losing weight, I'll guess I'll find out tomorrow.

~TONI ANN~
Proud mommy to 2 beautiful
boys!

Tango
on 1/24/10 6:37 am - fresno, CA
Me 2 the protein is not easy 4 me either. What r u eatin these days? I need ideas thanks
lisastoybx
on 1/24/10 5:54 am
Hi Tango,, Hope things are going better now. My surgery was Dec 21...sounds like I felt like you did. Im doing better now . Still having trouble with that darn protein but doing my best.
PATT317
on 1/23/10 11:49 am - Feasterville-Trevose, PA
Topic: RE: December 30th Surgery Date-Who's With Me?
Hope you're all feeling great!

My surgery was Dec 30th also.  Perfect timing for me, the31st was a half day at work, we were closed he 1st and I felt so good I went back to work on the 4th!

I'm down between 30 and 40 bs since I started (not getting back on the scale till Wednesday).

Best of luck you guys!
Patt
actoreye
on 1/22/10 12:41 am
Topic: RE: lap band surgery
Hi Gentle.
I am doing fine. My surgery spot has completely healed and I am sheduled for my first fill on Monday afternoon. I was so excited about my initial weight loss but as time has passed, I realized that it was all an accident... the result of liquids, surgery and post op.  I don't think I have gained any back but I can eat really anythiing I want to and usually do. I have not gotten used to tiny bites and taking forever to eat a meal. Things will change!!!!
My first fill was supposed to be last Monday but I went on a road trip to see my family and came back to Atlanta via New Orleans. You know I had a few things I wanted to eat while there.  Alas, I was disappointed in the quality and taste of almost everything I ate. Seems like  restaurants have so altered their ways, that burned bread pudding does not even come with an appology. No matter.
The real deal starts after my fills begin. It is a slow work in progress and I  am looking forward to what ever the  eating restrictions bring.
Thanks for asking.
So now, How are You doing?
Most Active
Recent Topics
No longer Obese!
sudemo09 · 1 replies · 906 views
I went dancing...
Tere O. · 1 replies · 915 views
6 Months Out ~ Already!!!
Tere O. · 7 replies · 1118 views
Sharing my day with you guys
Teresa D. · 6 replies · 1042 views