Help please.

Melanie V.
on 5/9/11 1:08 am - Denver, CO
I gained 4 pounds on vacation but I also gained some insight into why I do some of the things I do. I found out that I think about food too much. I also think about food all the time I worry about when I'm going to eat next. It matters a little but not as much as I tend to worry about. If I can't eat for 2 hours it's not a big deal. Why do i worry and why do I eat sometimes just because I'm worried about when I'm going to eat. It's very bad but at least I have recognized it and I can deal with it. Any pointers and tips will be helpful.
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
sesmith
on 5/9/11 1:31 am
 I don't know if this will help. I fear food. Only post band. I see it as the enemy, and get upset when other people offer me food I don't want. I fear unhealthy choices like snacks on the airplane when you are starving, and resent the lack of healthy choices in some situations. Try carrying healthy snacks so you always have something to eat. Maybe that will help you to relax.
debbie H.
on 5/9/11 5:08 am, edited 5/9/11 5:09 am - AR
For me, in the first few months of banding, I found out so much of what I deal with is head hunger. And my stomach was even cooperating with my head by making noises that I swore was growling. After a few fills and lots of measuring, I found I wasn't really hungry, but my stomach was still making the noises, and they were just that, noises. I found it was easy for me to wait 3 to 4 hours between meals or snacks. And if you think it through and go ahead and post your meals and snax for the day, there is nothing left to continusously occupy your thoughts. Good luck in the journey.

(deactivated member)
on 5/9/11 10:16 am - San Diego, CA
Great advice, friend! :)
Most Active