I have trouble drinking l...

Dianne C.
on 12/28/03 5:53 am - Fresno, Tx
I have trouble drinking liquids as slowly as I should sometimes. I just forget especially when I am very thirsty. Do you think I have stretched anything out this way? Does anyone know how long we stay on 2 oz? My surgery was Nov 17th and I go in Tuesday to see Dr. Harberg. I have lost 30 lbs and was hoping I had lost a little more but I am satisfied. I did have a tough time xmas. I loved the smell of the food and got hungry but of course ate my 2 oz. I did eat xmas food except for desserts which may be reason haven't lost anymore. Had a little more juices that I don't have at home because I eat sugarfree popcycles at home. Any feedback and advise?
Crystal S.
on 12/28/03 2:25 pm - Newnan, GA
Hi Diane! I have found that I forget to drink slowly at times. I usually remember with a big sip in my mouth and have to "spit" the drink back into the cup so that I do not hurt myself. My body lets me know within seconds if I took something too fast. Stretched out? I not quite sure on that one! I'm glad that you're seeing your dr on Tues. to ask such a good question! The 2 oz thing...hmmm....I started on 1 oz/hr on my 1st day after surgery. Then 2 oz/hr the 2nd day. I decided to keep it 2 oz for the entire day the 2nd, then went to increasing the fluid intake to 1 oz/hr plus the 2 oz. So, with every passing hour on the third day, I was having to slowly increase my intake to 8 oz/hr. I am now comfortably at 6 oz. 8 oz feels too full for me, but it's also in what type of "liquids" you use to increase/hr. So, good question! This is how my dr. does his aftercare. Another great question for your dr! Good luck to you and happy weight loss. P.S. I just had to smell steak being cooked and heard my family eat...lets just say I had to shut my door and take a nap! I'm there with you when it comes to the smell of food. I heard it gets better! Crystal
Dianne C.
on 1/7/04 12:44 pm - Fresno, Tx
Crystal, Lost 40 pounds and found out the answers to my questions. He said I can eat what I want now don't have to 2 oz anymore. Just stop before I'm full and still chew chew chew and eat slowly. Still usually can't eat more than 2 oz at a time. I smell whats cooking and think I am going to have a hard time resisting but I get full.
Crystal S.
on 1/8/04 1:00 am - Newnan, GA
Diane, Congrats on your weight loss!!!!! Doesn't it feel great to feel the pounds "falling off" everyday!!!! Your weight loss friend, Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views