Feeling weak

Crystal S.
on 1/3/04 3:48 am - Newnan, GA
Hi Everyone! Hope that your New Year's was great! I am now near two weeks post-op and have a few questions! I also had a few problems about a week later. My vein, in which the IV was in, became inflamed and I have had the soreness from that issue. It was very scary to watch and wait to see if the blood clot would dislodge, or dissolve, or if I would develop deep vein thrombosis. Very scary! I also had my larger incision come open in a few places: top, middle, and bottom. My surgery was hand-assisted which consisted of making about a 3 in*****ision. I have had ALOT of leakage from the openings and have been keeping the bandages clean and the area disinfected. (Helps that my mom is in the medical field!) Overall, I am feeling very weak. I am not sure if this is normal, or if it's because of the complications that I have had. I feel extremely dizzy and sick if I just take a shower! Anyone else have/had this experience. Thank you for your help! I see my Dr. on Monday, but I have found that it helps to get the experiences of those who have actually been through the surgery, rather than just case files at the dr's office. Thanks again and Happy New Year! Crystal
Dianne C.
on 1/3/04 12:22 pm - Fresno, Tx
Crystal, didn't have leakage or dizziness but i was very weak and had a hard time standing erect.
Crystal S.
on 1/8/04 1:07 am - Newnan, GA
Okay...figured out why I have been feeling so weak and dizzy. In the midst of getting everything ready for the surgery, and working up to the day of surgery, I forgot to get all my supplements and protein shakes. So...when I started the puree phase of my diet I forgot to start my daily routine of protein shakes, supplements, and vitamins! Boy, did I get fussed at by my Dr and my family! But, I started taking everything, as of yesterday, and I hope to see an improvement within the next few days. I go back to work on the 13th, so something has to give soon. When I was at the grocery store yesterday, with my brother, I felt soooooo bad and had to grab the cart a few times to keep myself from hitting the ground. Bad, huh? To all who are pre-op...be sure to get all your supplies ready to go and be sure to take them or you could feel like this!!!!! Not fun! Thanks you all of your prayers and support! Your weight loss friend, Crystal
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4314 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8573 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8095 views