How do u get all the protein in???

Crystal S.
on 6/25/04 6:00 am - Newnan, GA
Hey everyone, Post op here for almost 7 months, but I am clueless of how to get all of my protein in per day. I have a shake in the morning, which consists of 13 grams, and eat meat during the day, but I am not getting in what I should. Any suggestions, or comments, of how you get your daily amount in without gorging? Any suggestions would help!!! Take Care, Crystal
Janna G.
on 6/25/04 12:45 pm - TX
Hi Crystal, Good question. I have never been able to get in all that protein either. I am 3 yrs post-op and have not had any negative side effects from it. My last blood work was perfect. Even my thyroid was normal. I did have to go down on my thryroid meds. but my lipids were all normal for the first time in years! I still chew two flintstones complete everyday. I`m not sure we really need all that protein. I could be totally wrong though since I`m not a doctor. Its always best to follow your doctors orders. Anyone else have a clue?
tonia-larson
on 6/26/04 2:53 am - Bremerton, WA
HI!!! My doc requires 50-60 grams of protein a day, and I am almost 4 weeks out. The facilitator of my WLS group gave me some ProBlend 55, and in one serving, it gives you 55 grams of protein. I have the Alpine Vanilla, and I mix it with 8oz of no pulp orange juice. It works great, and then everything else is just "gravy" for me; so I know I am getting in all of the protein that I need. Hope this helps. Good Luck!! Tonia (surgery 6-1-04) 266.5 / 242
Jersey Girl
on 6/28/04 7:57 am
I'm 3 1/2 months out and it can be difficult to get my protein, but I usually get pretty close. I have a couple of string cheeses a day that's 8 grams each, then Weigh****ches for lunch that's about 19-25 grams. So by lunch I can be half way there. I eat a lot of cheese and chicken. A chicken caesar salad from McDonald's for dinner and that's pretty much it.
Jersey Girl
on 6/29/04 4:08 am
29 grams of protein, 200cal in a Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad from McDonald's (Not Crispy Chicken). But get the vinagrette dressing, 40 cal. instead of Caesar.
Dianne C.
on 6/28/04 1:55 pm - Fresno, Tx
It's difficult. Sometimes I get 50 grams and sometimes I don't. I do count. I eat a protein bar that has 13 grams and have a shake in the morning that has 22 grams and try to get the rest with food. I am getting very sick of the shakes so sometimes I don't make it but I try.
Jersey Girl
on 7/7/04 9:31 am
Crystal, Canned salmon has 12 grams of protein per 1/4 cup, but it's kinda high in calories, 90.
William S.
on 7/17/04 2:46 pm - Dallas, TX
I am using Isopure (Zero Carb), 1 serving has 50 grams protein and 200 cal. I add a little vanilla extract and less water and it doesn't taste so bad. If you follow directions, yuck. I also drink Carnation instant breakfast, sugar free. But I am a newbee at this, 10 days out, and still on liquids. Good luck. William
Most Active
Recent Topics
Gastro-Gastric Fistula after VBG
csingram · 0 replies · 4325 views
VBG revision
okgal50 · 9 replies · 8582 views
sleeve or the switch
Kerri_L_Denter · 1 replies · 8100 views