If you are at a stall

Melanie V.
on 9/6/11 10:39 pm - Denver, CO
If you are at a stall or in a rut, do something extreme like p90x or turbo fire. It works. It has changed my life. Maybe more than my surgery. I learned that my body is a sanctuary and can handle so much more then I ever thought possible.
Surgery 2/3/10 Weight 207
Current 165
Goal 140
Believe you can and you're halfway there. -Theodore Roosevelt-
dvolumptious1
on 9/6/11 11:32 pm
That is my firm belief too, go hard or go home! It seems like my scales don't move until I do some extreme training.
jacreasy
on 9/8/11 10:31 am
VSG on 04/23/12
hi im new to this site... can you tell me what the difference is between the Realize Band and the Lap Band or are they the same thing???

Thanks Jennifer
cheyenne000
on 9/8/11 10:43 am, edited 9/8/11 10:43 am
VSG on 03/25/16
I don't think there is a difference I think each surgeon uses what they want My surgeon only used lapband but some will give their patients a choice

Lapband - Jan 2009 weight goal reached with lapband. Revised to VSG- 1/25/16

dvolumptious1
on 9/9/11 2:57 am
I had my surgery back in 1999 and my surgeon told me that there was not a difference other than the port being placed differently; however, their office has discontinued use of the Realize band stating that it doesn't work as efficiently. Of course, that upset me since I called myself doing research. I have several coworkers who have it and the lap banders keep really tight restriction as opposed to us Realize Banders.... They have minimal fluid and its too much and I'm filled to capacity and just get restriction...
carol468
on 9/7/11 12:29 am
I am definitely at a stall and in  a rut, I go to Curves, but I know I need to push myself harder....
dvolumptious1
on 9/9/11 2:58 am
I commend you for taking the FIRST step and actually doing something...just take your time and do what you need to do...find your motivation! I got my mojo back thank God bc losing it caused me to put some weight back on and that is a NO NO!!! 
shamr0ck
on 9/7/11 12:45 am
Adjustable Gastric Band on 12/20/10
i work with a trainer 8 hours a week, and we train hard.  I went from 200 lbs to 320 on the incline leg press in 4 weeks.  So we're not slacking.  And my weight has not budged for 10 weeks.  I'm very depressed.  :(  In addition to the weight training, i do 4-6 hours of cardio, and some yoga.
Highest weight - 224   Surgery weight - 201   Current weight - 155
Goal - (surgeon) 155; (personal) 138-bodyfat 20%

dvolumptious1
on 9/9/11 2:51 am

I also train with a trainer and I went from 282 to 165 in one year but stopped training and ballooned back up to 203 as of today...however, you have to do ALOT of cardio to slim down...the weight training helps to boost your metabolism so continue to burn fat even longer after your work out is done. Cardio is the key! Elliptical, treadmill, bike..etc... I only see the scale move when my cardio is executed atleast once or twice a day along with weight training. The biggest thing to remember is that your diet is 95 percent of what goes down and the exercise does the rest. Hey, maybe you just hit a plateau that will bust loose soon and allow you see those numbers. Your body has to be changing though! 

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

dvolumptious1
on 9/9/11 3:00 am
Oh yeah, by the way, you weren't seriously obese to begin with so the smaller you are....the harder is to lose...once I got down to 180....talk about turtle pace bc its not like when you're at your highest weight anymore.. It's going to come off slow from here on out...you just have to hang in there and don't do anything drastic like I did by starving myself and working out 4 hours a day to get down to 165 in no time just to exhaust myself into having to stop all together for a while. Enoy the smaller you and enjoy working out..the weight loss will come!
Most Active