Plateaus-From Kaye Bailey's newsletter

Joyce J.
on 5/9/12 11:59 pm - Scarborough, Canada
HI All

Just thought I would share this. I get Kaye Bailey's newsletters via e-mail and quite often there are good articles.

If you follow the 5DPT you know I always say don't do the plan for quick weight loss. Do the plan to get back on track with our WLS basics and refresh your memory about the Four Rules, slider foods, and liquid restrictions. Any weight loss during the plan is a bonus. I stand by this.
But that doesn't mean the 5DPT should not be used to bust a weight loss plateau.  In fact, many thousands of people have reported to me that the 5DPT is the one thing they tried that worked in breaking a weight loss stall.  It is not so much that the plan is magic, although who among us wouldn't like to believe in magic now and again! The plan breaks a stall and promotes weight loss because it returns us to the dietary due-diligence prescribed at the time of surgery and we focus on using the tools that make weight loss surgery work. Generally weight is lost in the first few days of the plan and this serves us well as a great motivator to continue with the plan and beyond knowing we are powerful and can work the tool to improve our health and manage our weight.
If you are frustrated with a plateau give the 5 Day Pouch Test a try. Get that scale moving again and renew your confidence in your pouch, your personal power, and decision to have surgery in the first place! You Can Do This!!!
    The 5DPT as it is written and presented online and in print is an organized approach to getting back to the WLS basics both mentally and metabolically. When followed with attention to details we hear great success stories that include restored feelings of pouch tightness and satiation, lost weight, increased energy and overall improved confidence and mental well-being. 
This month's 5DPT Bulletin is all about using the plan to boost your metabolism, bust a plateau and get back on track with your weight loss surgery!
 You Can Do This!
Kaye

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

Karen M.
on 5/10/12 12:05 am - Mississauga, Canada
I use the 5DPT to kick carb cravings.  I wish she would stop saying things like "restored feelings of pouch tightness" and "shrink your pouch".  That's simply ridiculous.

Having said that, I think I'm going to do 5 days next week, M-F. Chips are calling my name.

Loudly.

Karen

Ontario Recipes Forum - http://www.obesityhelp.com/group/ontario_recipes/

Joyce J.
on 5/10/12 12:10 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Karen
I agree with what you say about pouch tightness, but I do like that she says it is a way to get back on track as opposed to a quick weight loss thing

Karen M.
on 5/10/12 12:11 am - Mississauga, Canada
Totally agree.

To be honest, I actually REALLY like doing it. LOL  Sad, eh? It gives me the opportunity to eat lots of egg bites and tuna. lol

Karen

Joyce J.
on 5/10/12 12:14 am - Scarborough, Canada
Karen,

You are too funny LOL, like you can't have those things if you don't do the 5day PT lol

I should do it too , cause I am the same way. I look forward to tuna and salmon LOL, and eggs with salsa LOL

Karen M.
on 5/10/12 12:21 am - Mississauga, Canada
hehehe

Yeah, I know.  But for some bizarre reason I seem to really only eat these when I do the 5DPT! LOL  Silly, I know.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 5/10/12 12:30 am - Toronto, Canada
That test takes the dedication we needed right after surgery. Sounds like a good kick in the bum! How do you feel on Day 1 and 2 with just the liquid? Tired? I guess you still get the same amount of calories in (just proper ones), so I could still workout yes?

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Karen M.
on 5/10/12 12:47 am, edited 5/10/12 1:01 am - Mississauga, Canada
Doesn't bother me at all, actually. Mind you, I am a never-hungry anomoly person. Not overly tired, no, and still getting tons of protein. I guess it would be dependant on how you personally felt as to whether you would work out.

With respect to the hypoglycemia question - no idea, sorry.

Karen

kellybelly333
on 5/10/12 2:22 am - Toronto, Canada
That is really the part I worry about. I would just have to constantly test my sugars for those five days, as there is not enough carbs for me. I would get some from the salsa, but i'm not sure it would be enough to maintain my sugars. I needz my fruits and veggies, and crackers. As soon as I added fruit and crackers to my diet, I was fine. Oh and soy beans....I have those often too, which somehow help my sugars too.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Joyce J.
on 5/10/12 12:57 am - Scarborough, Canada
Hi Kelly

I never have problems with the hunger thing while on it, I get lots of protien shakes in and drink lots of water(which I do anyway LOL)
Don't feel tired(any more than normal LOL)

Most Active
Recent Topics