Finally on track

Joyce J.
on 11/6/12 12:52 am - Scarborough, Canada

Hi all

Some of you know me and know how hard I have tried to get back on track many times.

I lost 130 pounds with RNY and due to cir****tances I kind of just stopped there and never lost the rest of my weight.

I have tried getting back on track, but who knows, maybe it just needed to be the right time

Last week I gave up carbs and sugar for one week and basically did the 5 day pouch test. I lost 11 pounds.

I have gone back to tracking on myfitnesspal, like someone else on here mentioned I too was frustrated with the mobile app, but now have it figured out I think. I am tracking everything. Before I would track on good days LOL.................... No help at all to me.

I also am going to the Y regularly. Was doing Aqua fit 3 times a week, but I have added some other things in

I did an "Arriba" class yesterday, basically a combination of low impact aerobics and dancing. Last night the music was all latin music. I am Totally uncoordinated LOL

So at the Y last night, I walked 7 laps(1/2 mile) around the track, did the Arriba class and a deep water aqua fit class.

I am so excited to be back on track again.

Like I said I guess it just had to be the right time.

My boyfriend is so supportive and is also changing some of his eating habits :)

So, I have added a few of you to myfitnespal, but feel free to add me jjohnst3 . The more the merrier

Have a  great day everyone

Joyce----Today is the first day of the rest of your life

niceeyes72
on 11/6/12 12:56 am - Cornwall, Canada
RNY on 03/23/12

Congratulations for getting yourself back on track!!

11lbs!!! that's fantastic!

I too am on MFP and was only logging on days with exercise or good eating habits.... Well, I am back now too!!!  I have a lot more friends on there since yesterdays post and now I feel more likely to post and be accountable.... "others are watching..." lol

I see you just added me...great!!! I was going to add you too!!!

Well done on getting back on track..It is hard to do!!!

Take care!!

Tam
Highest Weight: 365lbs
Clinic Weight: 325lbs
Clinic goal:190 lbs
Current Weight: 176.4lbs
My goal:165lbs
Surgery: Dr. Yelle Ottawa on March 23, 2012

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/12 1:06 am - Straford, Canada

do you use the barcode scanner on mfp?  it makes tracking so easy!  Glad you're back on track!  kiss

Joyce J.
on 11/6/12 1:18 am - Scarborough, Canada

HI Ian

I have tried it, but most times it doesn't work. I was scanning everything in my kitchen lol trying it out on the week end. It could not find most things

(deactivated member)
on 11/6/12 1:27 am - Straford, Canada

I haven't found a thing that doesn't scan yet (well that has a barcode).  That's strange!  Sorry its not working for you!  

Joyce J.
on 11/6/12 2:05 am - Scarborough, Canada

Ian

I forgot to mention I am blond LOL, that may have something to do with it. It did seem odd to me that so many things weren't showing up. My boyfriend thought it was only U.S things and not Canadian that were showing up, but that turned out not to be the case.... I will play with it some more.

linda11665
on 11/6/12 1:17 am - Ottawa, Canada

Glad your back on track...

Linda

Choose love, power, and acceptance instead of what we default to which is fear, dependence, and intolerance
kellybelly333
on 11/6/12 2:02 am - Toronto, Canada

Hugs Joyce!! And congrats!! You've given me such great support and advice during my journey!! Inspiration...that's  you!

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Joyce J.
on 11/6/12 2:07 am - Scarborough, Canada

Kelly, stop LOL, you always make me cry LOL

Hugs girlie, you are an inspiration. You are doing amazing

kellybelly333
on 11/6/12 2:36 am - Toronto, Canada

I speak nothing but the truth my friend. Let's get all mushy and teary together!! LOL.

Surgery March 23/2011. Completed three full marathons and two half marathons, two half Ironman distances. Completed my first Full Ironman distance (4 km swim, 180 km bike, 42.2 km (full marathon) run) in Muskoka August 30/2015. Next Ironman Lake Placid July 23/2017!

Most Active
Recent Topics