Question about how breast implants feel...what is your experience?

lomercha
on 6/5/14 1:22 am

Hi,

I am have breast lift and augmentation in early Sept. I am worried about how I will adjust to having implants. I am afraid they will feel like foreign objects in my body and be hard to get used to. Anybody else have these worries. Those who have had implants, what is your experience and how long did it take to get used to them? Thank you ahead of time for your help.

Lorri

brownblonde
on 6/5/14 2:05 am

Well my situation is a bit different because, despite being 277lbs., I never had boobs (try looking for 40A!).  I had implants in December and since had them removed due to infection.  Now I'm contemplating having them put back in.

Take this with a grain of salt, but mine absolutely felt like foreign objects.  Initially they felt like someone had accidentally sewn a folded up oblong dish-towel into me.  They were funky, high, big, swollen, and uncomfortable.  Maybe it was the shock of never having breasts and suddenly having them, maybe it's some still-remaining body issues with "weightiness", maybe it was just being early after surgery.  Later on, about 3-4 weeks, the side without the infection (I discovered infection about that time) dropped and looked pretty good, but I still felt like I was constantly wearing a bra on the inside.  You know, like uncomfortable and i just want to let it loose.  

From what I've heard, this improves with time.  I cannot personally attest to that because I had mine removed before I hit that crucial point.

katier825
on 6/5/14 9:08 am

I opted for Silicone implants under the muscle and at first they did feel foreign.  I can't remember how long it was...3-6 months or so I guess.  Then one day I didn't notice them feeling that way anymore. They are very natural looking/feeling to me now.  I am pleased with my decision. :)

pineview01
on 6/5/14 2:03 pm - Davison, MI
I had mine for 13 years. Than I got an staff infection in them and had to have them removed. I was just reading about saline vs silicone and they state the average life on them is 10 years so I beat the average. They one that became infected always felt foreign. The other one I became a little more used to. But, they never felt natural.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/6/14 1:15 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Interestingly enough, I just got a lift and silicone implants and was ready to 'feel' them as aforeign object etc but I don't. It just feels like my boobs. I don't feel any foreignness at all. I had the surgery 4 days ago. So I am pretty happy not to feel like I am implanted! And it all looks perky and cute! 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Nikke2003
on 6/6/14 6:54 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

hahahaha Julia you crack me up!! I don't know how the hell you do it, but your amazing ability to recover from VSGs, plastic surgery, etc. are the amazing hahaha.... and now you can't even tell that your perky/cute boobs are in there? Typical! :) :) I am SO excited for you!!!

I BOOKED MY FIRST ROUND OF PLASTICS TODAY! WOOOHOOOO!!! September 25th can't come fast enough!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/6/14 8:05 am
VSG on 10/09/12

Ooohhh I can't wait for you too!!! What are you having done? 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com 5ft0; highest weight 222; surgery weight 208; current weight 120

Nikke2003
on 6/8/14 5:50 am - PA
VSG on 05/13/13

I'm having a lower body lift, extended arm lift, and a breast lift. I'm going to wait to see how things look afterwards before I decide on whether or not I want to work hard enough to save the money for implants and/or an inner thigh lift LOL!!

For more info on my journey & goals, visit my blog at http://flirtybythirty.wordpress.com

MyBariatricLife
on 6/7/14 7:32 am

Julie, did you get small implants - how many cc - because that may be the difference. Thanks and congrats on completing your journey! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Julia HasHerLifeNow
on 6/7/14 3:47 pm
VSG on 10/09/12

Yes tiny ones. I have no idea how many cc's. But I think under 200 from what I recall him writing down at one stage during an appointment. I basically haven't changed breast size at all, just got a much nicer shape, no tube sock look and upper pole roundness. I can wear my old bras just dont have to fold and stuff my old boobs in anymore, the bras fit as they should. It is a C cup size and that is what I wore before, maybe even a D but I could be a little swollen still.

Most Active