Contacting Members

heathercross
on 3/2/14 12:55 am - New York, NY

Hi.  I am grateful for any information I got in 2000 before my RNY and again in 2011 before my BOB.  However, please be considerate of the person who you contact.  Please know that this person may get anywhere from 10-20 emails a week and would be glad to help you but, take the time to read her story before you do - especially if she has made the effort to post and keep her profile 'failrly" updated.  I don't mind answering your questions, but don't ask me about things that are in my profile.  My profile is not private.  I'm glad to answer specific questions but please value my time - and don't waste it.  

Heather

RNY 8/2002 - Starting Weight 305, Post-op Weight 175
BOB 6/2011 - Starting Weight 250, Post-op/Current Weight 183

Kate -True Brit
on 3/2/14 5:05 am, edited 3/2/14 5:06 am - UK

Yikes, 10-20 a week!! And I may make it worse by telling people of your success! Sorry. Next time I will tell them to read your profile!! 

I am afraid I have a bank of answers saved which I just cut and paste if I get too many questions. I don't pretend, the first line reads  As I get many requests for information, the following reply may help you but it is not specifically to you. If it does not fully answer your question, come back to me! 

Highest 290, Banded - 248   Lowest 139 (too thin!). Comfort zone 155-165.

Happily banded since May 2006.  Regain of 28lbs 2013-14.  ALL GONE!

But some has returned! Up to 175, argh! Off we go again,

heathercross
on 3/2/14 7:29 am - New York, NY

Kate - last week I got a dozen.  A month ago, I got a bunch and one of the people *****ached out to me told me off bc she didn't like what I had to tell her.  

Kate -True Brit
on 3/2/14 7:50 am - UK
On March 2, 2014 at 3:29 PM Pacific Time, heathercross wrote:

Kate - last week I got a dozen.  A month ago, I got a bunch and one of the people *****ached out to me told me off bc she didn't like what I had to tell her.  

Oh dear! Are these PMs through OH ? That is such a lot. And how ridiculous form one asking you and then being nasty when you answered!

heathercross
on 3/2/14 8:11 am - New York, NY

Yeah either messages on here which I don't see unless I log on and I only do it every 2-3 weeks and then I get cursed out for not replying sooner and emails to my email account.  

Kate -True Brit
on 3/2/14 8:29 am - UK

That's bad. How has your email address got known?

pineview01
on 3/2/14 8:36 am - Davison, MI

That takes a lot of balls when someone is asking for help!  I have notices as the years go by, more and more people come to boards, not just this one, and ask the same things over and over.  They just seem to be to lazy to do any work for them self.  I remember joining this board and another and reading for month before actually joining and/or posting.  First all I wanted to learn all I could so I didn't look stupid.  Even though the guidelines ask people to please search out there questions first on some boards, the don't.  I must admit that on this board the search option stinks.

Also it is crazy how many people feel they can chew you out and/or quit if people don't say what they want to hear.  Don't ask me something if you really don't want to know what I think/know.

Sorry for the vent Heather as you hit on my Pet Peeves on boards.

BAND REMOVED 9-4-12-fought insurance to get sleeve and won! Sleeved 1/22/13! Five years out and trying to get that last 15 pounds back off.

S. Harrison
on 3/2/14 5:38 am

Sorry.  It was my first time.  Didn't mean to take up your time or upset you. 

heathercross
on 3/2/14 7:28 am - New York, NY

Sheila - its not just you its the 10+ other emails I get a week.  Just please check the person's profile first.  We take the time to journal to help newbies and others like you.  Please read my profile and I'd be happy to answer anything I didn't cover there.

Hislady
on 3/2/14 12:11 pm - Vancouver, WA

So sorry that someone had the nerve to be abusive to you! You are our go to BOB girl so often use you as a resource for those interested in one. I hope in the future people will remember we all have other lives to live and many don't live on here daily. Thank you for all the help you do give people!

Most Active
Recent Topics