Just coming back-3 years post op!

Sara C.
on 6/24/12 11:08 pm - Belding, MI
Hi all,

I miss this place!!!!  I am three years post op, and need to get back on track!  Tips to help me get back on?

I appreciate all of your thougths and ideas!

Thank you,

Sara

The personal life deeply lived always expands into truths beyond itself.
Anais Nin
Surgical weight-289.6/Lowest weight postop-173

laura_vermont
on 6/24/12 11:13 pm
Hi!  Welcome back! 

Back on track advice:  Log your intake, protein 1st, get in your vits & your fluids.  Work out in a fun way, that you will keep doing regularly.  Try to get 30min of physical activity in a day, increase difficulty level gradually.

Love to see peeps who are further out!
Laura
High Weight 278; consult weight 234; Surgery Weight 219 Surgeon's Goal Weight 150 -10/27/10  -  Personal goal weight 140 - Achieved 12/11/10  

KittenLove
on 6/24/12 11:29 pm - Around Knoxville, TN
Great to see you again!!

When I venture off course, the best place to start is by logging (I use the My Fitness Pal app) - it's hard to know where we're going if we don't know where we're at if that makes sense.

Water, water, water, and eliminate as much processed food as possible...

Be happy. 

Larry Wassmann
on 6/25/12 12:02 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
Yes to what others have said. I am not a long time WLS pro like some others here but I have lost a pound of two over the many years of dieting. I really think one of the best things to get back on the ball again is http://www.myfitnesspal.com/ You have to set up a calorie goal for your self. Get at least 60g of protein, watch your carbs and fats. I know people who have lost many pounds just using this free program without having any WLS. Without a program like this that makes logging very easy, you are shooting in the dark. There are others out there but I have looked at most of them and this is the easiest in my opinion. Good luck and welcome back.  

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

STAROFEGYPT101
on 6/25/12 1:09 am - NEW BRUNSWICK, NJ
Larry, I must agree I use my fitness pal and have the app on my phone and I log everything even my water . And I too have come back here in the last month am more of a looker and post only sometimes. I am doing it for support outside of family support. It also lets me see how others are doing. I am almost 6 years out and have had some up's and up's of 30 pounds but, had a baby which I had gained 32 pounds so not bad. I have lost 12 pounds in the last month. It is like when I follow normal eating pattern and add in exercise the weight falls off like I am fresh out of surgery.
Larry Wassmann
on 6/25/12 2:14 am - Lacey, WA
RNY on 05/09/12
 STAROFEGYPT101  Well I never had a baby but glad you are doing so well now. I would think having a baby with all the work that is, would be hard enough on top of trying to lose weight. But you are doing it and congrats to you for the extra effort. Just think your baby is going to grow up only knowing a skinny mommy. 

fb.png   Visit my Blog at  http://www.lwassmann.blogspot.com/                                

Sara C.
on 6/25/12 2:58 am - Belding, MI
Thank you! I will check out the fitness pal app! Thank you. I am trying to not drink for 30 mins after eating...and wow....it's like I'm being tortured...okay a bit exaggerating,,,but
iisme
on 6/25/12 10:38 am
Granted I had some major hormonal issues but I was up 10 pounds last month. I had gained it from last February till then.. I had surgery (lung and hysterectomy)  and was being more mindful of my fluid intake. The surprising thing is. I dropped weight on nearly a daily basis from upping my fluids. It made me not too hungry.

10 pounds loss pre-op
Most Active
Recent Topics