Insurance approved in 4 days!

Lisa O.
on 9/24/13 3:38 am - Snoqualmie, WA

So, it's official!  I will be having RNY surgery on October 14!  

I am technically a revision patient but I had my Lap Band removed in May.  (My doctor will not remove the LB and perform a revision in one surgery).  I had a good run with the Band and have no regrets but realize now that I should have had the RNY to start.  I had good success with the band (lost 116 lbs in 9 months) but started having issues with reflux in year 4 which caused serious damage to my GE junction (gastro/esophageal).  Since having the band removed I have rapidly gained 50+ lbs.  I can't believe how much a difference it made not having that tool to help control portion size even with everything I learned living with the Band.

So, I'm sure I will have a lot of questions between now and the 14th.  It's great to be part of such a positive and helpful WLS forum.

Grace and Peace, 

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

-Babydoll-
on 9/24/13 4:29 am - Racine, WI
RNY on 08/08/13
Congrats on your approval!! I hope you the best in surgery and a speedy recovery

karenp8
on 9/24/13 5:19 am - Brighton, IL

Congrats on your upcoming surgery. Feel free to ask any questions you may have.

Ceithlenn
on 9/24/13 8:21 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

Congratulations on your upcoming surgery! I remember you well from the lapband forum. I recently had a revision myself so if you have any questions let me know. It is definitely a completely different experience than the lapband. :)

Heather

Lisa O.
on 9/24/13 8:27 am - Snoqualmie, WA

Hi Heather!

What would you say is the biggest difference?  Good or bad.

Lisa O.

Lap Band surgery Nov. 2008, SW 335. Lost 116 lbs.  LB removal May 2013 gained 53 lbs. Revisied to RNY October 14, 2013, new SW 275.

Ceithlenn
on 9/24/13 3:54 pm - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

Lisa, 

I would say the full filling is completely different, the sipping in the beginning actually needs to be small sips though for me it got easier quick. The pain and recovery just a bit tougher but I had removal and RNY done same day so that maybe part of it. 

Also hunger, there is none right now so much so that I dont really think about food at all. I though that the hunger was controled with the band when adjusted properly but this far surpasses any sweet spot feeling in my opinion. 

Good Luck and I wish you a speedy recovery :)

Heather

LissaLou
on 9/24/13 10:12 am

Congratulations on the speedy approval!  Hope mine goes that quickly - the waiting/wondering is hard!

cajungirl
on 9/24/13 11:23 pm

Congrats on a quick approval, Lisa.  I think you'll be amazed at how you'll do with the RNY and food choices should be easier even if initially your pouch doesn't like certain foods.  If you had troubles with dense protein before overall this should work much better for you.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

(deactivated member)
on 9/25/13 3:45 am

YAY!!!!!!! Congrats!

Kitty C
on 9/26/13 12:05 am

Congrats Lisa!!  Keep us posted

Most Active
Recent Topics