What's on your Thursday Menu?

Queen JB
on 5/2/24 2:59 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Someone put a giant bowl of peppermint lifesavers on the little table outside my office yesterday, so every time I walked past it I needed to make a choice. I only had one yesterday but I hope they are gone by the time I go in next Wednesday because I've had days when I would have just taken the whole bowl, lol.

Yesterday was not the active day I had planned. I had some emergencies that I had to deal with, so I was stuck behind my desk. I'm home today, and I only have one 30 minute meeting all day. I am stoked because I have a bunch of big projects that I have been dying to dig into and I think I will have time today!

Speaking of big projects, Grim has been a rockstar builder and he has more than 3/4 of my patio furniture built. The outdoor rug comes today so it's all going to come together by Friday. I am excited to have my outdoor office again :)

QOTD: What's your favorite weather app? I use Weather Underground for good hourly forecasting, but I like What The Forecast (WTF) for a very funny daily take on the forecast.

I have not been hungry for 2 days. Weird. I assume it will catch up with me - probably today. As usual, little bites all day:

• protein half-caf coffee
  • egg white bites
  • garlic chicken
  • sirloin tacos

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Melody P.
on 5/2/24 3:35 am - Amarillo, TX

Good mornin y'all.

I have an appointment with my peer support today but that's all that is set in stone. I'm not feeling well still. I've developed a reaction to the fluconazole...because of course I would lol. My taste is way way off and my stomach is very grumpy. I just feel so run down. I'm done taking the med so hopefully things will get better. My mouth feels like it is covered in a layer of think shortening. My blood sugar has been on the low side. Weird stuff.

I did get my denture adjusted and it's still pure torture to wear. There are bone fragments but they just have to work themselves out. They are very sore.

QOTD: I just use a local channels weather app. Oh and a radar one I think is called hi-def radar or something like that.

food is just blah crap.

Teenie
on 5/2/24 6:55 am - Pittsburgh , PA
RNY on 12/19/17

I use a tongue scrapper every day. Have you tried one? They really help. When I had my RNY I had Black Hairy tongue and I still use the scrapper till this day.

HW 299 SW 290 CW 139 GW 140 2/08/2019 OPERATION: Surgical Hernia with excision of total surface area of 55 x 29 cm of abdominal skin.

Partlypollyanna
on 5/2/24 3:47 am
RNY on 02/14/18

Good morning! Happy jr Friday! The weekend is getting closer!

Busy day at work so it will go fast and I have a concert at a new to me venue this evening so I'm looking forward to that! 'll be meeting my friends for dinner at a brewery before the show. Trying to decide if I want to go for a nice long walk this morning or do some rowing and wondering if I have enough of a break in the day to do the walk before work and then row at lunch. I will have to check to see if I have a break I can consider lunch, usually I do not.

QOTD - I use WTF and the app that comes on the phone. There is one local amateur meteorologist that post on Facebook and he's more accurate than any of the apps/news but he posts constantly so I only look at his updates when it seems there's a weather event.

menu

coffee plus half and half X3

carne asada meat with cheese X2

TBD on dinner

Have a great day!

HW: 306 SW: 282 GW: 145 (reached 2/6/19) CW:150

Jen

Amy Liz
on 5/2/24 5:15 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Good morning ~ I've never been able to pass up a candy dish and until lately, never thought I would. I've had a candy dish in my office since this past Halloween. It's not on my desk or in reaching distance, it's on my conference table but I walk by it constantly. I think I've caved 3 times? Rob has candy in the freezer at home also and I think I've had some twice. I don't know what it is about seeing happy people come to my office and enjoy a little treat that stops me or satisfies me - especially the people that remind me of myself. Vicarious candy enjoyment? Its normalized how I feel/felt about candy. No restriction, it's not good or bad, it's there if I want it, but now I seem indifferent. I hope it stays that way or that candy bowl has to go! Work today is more of the same from yesterday. I am stuck due some IT issues that are frustrating. Our IT guys are stretched so thin that I'm not holding my breath to be caught up before next week now. There is nothing I can do about it until the issues are resolved. Plenty of other things to do though. My new hire starts the last week of this month, the last piece of my re-org puzzle, finally! I have a lot to prepare and months of training to follow as things shift.

QOTD - I mostly use the weather app on my phone. Occasionally I catch the local news weather report.

Accountability - better, added a Yasso bar last night though. The swelling has gone down and I'm 178.8 today. I walked little girl yesterday after work. It was so windy we cut it short but at least I went. 30 minutes of deep stretching and yoga this am was amazing.

B- yogurt and protein granola

l - tuna and celery

d - chicken thighs, 1/2 baked potato, green beans

s - sm honeycrisp apple

823/76

Have a great day!

RNY 11/21/16 - HW/SW 309 LW 150

REVISION 4/10/23 - HW 240 SW 225 CW 176 GW 175

Sheila_H
on 5/2/24 7:53 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

I love those yasso bars. Especially the salted caramel one.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 5/2/24 8:38 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Me too! The little bites are great too, only 35 calories each.

Sheila_H
on 5/2/24 8:54 am - Central Coast, CA
RNY on 06/26/17

They have little bites? I did not know that.

SW:261 6/26/17 GW:150 10/6/18

CW: High 140s

PGW: 140-142

Amy Liz
on 5/2/24 9:47 am
RNY on 11/21/16

Greateight
on 5/2/24 5:19 am
RNY on 08/29/18

Good morning, everybody!

Did anybody read about the 101 year old lady who keeps getting classified as a baby by American Airlines? Apparently, there is a Y2K type of situation in the American Airlines computer system that doesn't allow three digit ages to be recorded. So they truncate her 101 year old age into 01, and prepare for her to be an infant. When she asks on her reservation for ramp assistance, they bring a car seat, rather than a wheelchair, to the gate.

We did a little tapas event at Happy Hour last night. One of the couples made empanadas, and one made a shrimp dish. Unfortunately, since we were on Zoom, we could only look at each other's treats, but everything looked yummy. The torte that Marilyn made came out really good. She used eggplant, peppers, zucchini and sausage. One slice filled me up and she made two whole tortes, so I will be fed through the weekend. I love leftovers!

We have an after work event today. I am trying to figure out the earliest that I can leave without appearing completely anti-social. It's a two hour event, so I am thinking 45 minutes? Anyways, I want to make sure that I home by 7:00 to watch Poirot. I can't have the Dull kicking me out of the club.

QOTD: I just Google Chicago 10 Day weather and go with that. Usually its colder in the city than in the suburbs because of Lake Michigan.

Breakfast: Scone

Lunch: Catered

Dinner: Torte

Have a great day, all!

Jim Age 58 Height 6 Feet Consult Weight 344 SW 289 Pre-Surgery -55, M1 -25, M2 -16, M3 -21, M4 -10, M5 -5, M6 -1, M7 -4, M8 0, M9 +4, M10 -4

Most Active
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 241 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 266 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 312 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 270 views