A glass of wine (or 2)

Sparklekitty, Science-Loving Derby Hag
on 12/15/15 8:59 am
RNY on 08/05/19

Search the forums for "transfer addiction."

Sparklekitty / Julie / Nerdy Little Secret (#42)
Roller derby - cycling - triathlon
VSG 2013, RNY conversion 2019 due to GERD. Trendweight here!

FuturePinUp
on 12/15/15 12:08 pm

Not arguing about alcohol generally being bad for you, but I was reading on the website of the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, that "Only a small percentage of bariatric patients claim to have problems with alcohol after surgery. Most (but not all) who abuse alcohol after surgery had problems with alcohol abuse at some period of time prior to surgery." (link here) While most may be under-reported, I still thought it was an interesting point, especially coming directly from the ASMB. I'd love to read more studies about it.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

tdelson
on 12/15/15 11:41 am
VSG on 10/12/15 with

I believe I was told no alcohol for at least 6 weeks, plus to have your first drinks at home, as you will be surprised how hard it will hit you. My surgery was about 8 weeks ago, I spent a lot of Sunday afternoons hanging in a club for the most part drinking water. For a treat a couple times I had a glass of plain Bloody Mary mix. One of the things I worry about having a few drinks is I remember before surgery I would go out have a few drinks then decide I should grab something "good" to eat and I am not talking about a protein snack. As we have all changed our eating habots I'm sure we all know the kinds of places I would stop.

FuturePinUp
on 12/15/15 11:42 am

I had a glass of white wine at a month post-op without any ill effects or it hitting me quickly. I was cleared for drinking at 3 months post-op and since then have been enjoying wine almost every weekend without detriments to weight loss or my liver. Many people say it hits them harder, but that definitely wasn't the case with me - still the same as pre-op.

VSG: 06/24/15 // Age: 35 // Height: 5'10" // Lost so far: 190 lbs

HW: 348 (before 2 week pre-op diet) // SW: 326 // CW: 158

TT/Lipo & BL/BA: 07/21/17 with Dr. Reish (NYC) BL/BA Revision: 01/11/18 with Dr. Reish (NYC)

Unconventional Sleever & Low-Carb Lifer

Most Active
Recent Topics
Pain
michele1 · 3 replies · 75 views
Expired Optifast Question
Freewheeler · 2 replies · 275 views
Back - AGAIN - 14+ years post-op
Stacy160 · 4 replies · 331 views