Help!!!!!!

serenitynow1967
on 4/18/12 3:25 am - Lakewood, OH
 I need to put this out there. I need help!!!!! I had RNY gastric bypass in 2005. Went from 311 lbs to 140. Size 26-28 to size 2-4. now have been on night shift for almost a year. My hair is falling out and gaining weight like crazy! Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

terry1953
on 4/18/12 4:51 am - O'Fallon, IL
I am having the same problems.  My RNY was in 2008.  Went from 270 to 160 and now back up to 200 and I can't stop eating.  I don't eat large meals at all.  Only small meals but the snacking is out of control.  Please let me know if you get any good advice.  Thank you.
H.A.L.A B.
on 4/18/12 8:25 am
when you last time had blood work done? what are your levels? vitamins? proteins? iron? thyroid? (you need a full panel)

Hair loss may be due to stress, low iron, low thyroid, low proteins, low minerals...

weight gain - you eat more that your body can burn.. maybe too much or wrong foods... how many proteins a day do you eat? how about taking vitamins and minerals? .
If you need help - contact vitalady  vitalady.com for basic info... re vitamins and labs... or go to your doc.

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

jlmartin
on 4/19/12 12:22 am - Random Lake, WI
One thing I've often wondered, being that I am not in this situation, is why not eat ONLY at meal time?

I mean, if breakfast is an 7am, Lunch and Noon, and Dinner at 6pm...at any other time no food (except for zero calorie drink or water) should be passing your lips.

If it's not meal time, don't eat.  If you really want a cookie, save it for the next meal and have it then.

Mahogany1021
on 4/24/12 1:26 am - brooklyn, NY
Terry 1953..... i am in the same boat.....had surgery 12/01/08 pre surg weight was 377, lowest weight achieved 223, and i now weigh 275......i can not eat anywehre near the amount i used to eat but like you said the snacks get me everytime
Most Active
Recent Topics