hello january friends

kresge
on 8/17/03 6:25 pm - fort walton beach, FL
hello january 2003 posties...wow, I never new this place existed. I have been reading everyone post and agree or have gone thru everything you guys have talked about so far...lol. I have lost 86 pounds (from 231 to 145) and plan to hit my goal of 115 by november. I would have to say the hardest part is the mental changes you go thru. I was so bold when I was fatter and feared nothing in social situations. Now along with a thousand other things, I find myself timid and bashful in social situations even though now I am wearing a size 9 junior instead of a 22/24. Go figure that one? It like as my fat layers disappear....so does my armour....and I cant eat enough now to cover myself back up emotionally. Oh well, just some late night thoughts here. I am going to come here daily and post and hopefully make some new friends. Feel free anyone to write anytime for any reason. Everyone take care and keep up the good work. Ginger K. 231/145/115 Dr Nye
roxanawalker
on 8/22/03 6:47 am - Sacramento, CA
Dear Ginger, It's funny you mentioned that the hardest part of all the WLS stuff has been the emotional things...I am in complete agreement. I had surgery on Jan. 15th and have lost 102 lb! That feels wonderful but I have been struggling with wanting attention and the what to do when I get it. People make comments about how "skinny" I am or that I'm "disappearring" and it feels like they might as well have kicked me in the stomach. I don't want to feels less powerful or less protected. It is an amour issue...I was more confident with a 100 lbs of fat around me. I'm driving my partner crazy with the "do I look good baby?" I have this constant need for reassurance. Hopefully this will pass too! I wish you all the best and thanks for your post. -Roxana
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 473 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views