Yay! I made it!

Gina R.
on 1/21/04 1:48 am - Margate, FL
I have made it! I am one year post op and could not be better! I do notice an increased appetite and being able to handle different foods better, some without dumping, which worries me, yet I know that I never want to be back to the weight I was. I have lost over 100 pounds and could not be happier. I am 22, and life for me is out of this world. However! I am still having self-esteem issues. I feel when people are looking at me, they see 300 pounds, even though I am in the 160's. It has a mild effect on dating, I look at myself and see 285 pounds (weight before surgery), and then the guy I am seeing says I look great, and I am like no I am fat. Its not a matter of fishing for compliments, its myself trying to catch up to the weight loss. I look at current pictures of myself and I am like..is this really me? That girl looks too small to be Gina. Anyone else have similar issues?
Michelle C.
on 1/21/04 10:47 pm - Springfield, IL
CONGRATS on your one year and the great weight loss...!!!..I am one year as well, and i agree, it can only get better from here. As far as the self esteem issues, I am like you. I still see 300 lbs when I look in the mirror..and dont notice the change like I should sometimes. All I can tell you is what I tell myself, keep your chin up..YOU are beautiful!! And looking at your picture, you are. This is going to be new for all of us..and to realize that we arent the same person on the outside, just the inside..If you ever need anything, feel free to emai me.......Big Hugs.....Michelle Chapman Open RNY 01-10-2003 295/179/150
vmullins
on 2/5/04 11:19 pm - Orlando, FL
Gina, I suffer from the same body image issues. Don't confuse it with self image, it's body image. Self image is what you think of yourself as a person, as a friend, as a daughter, as a partner. Body image is our old, flabby bodies not letting our new, smaller bodies shine through in our head. TRUST ME, your body looks great to everyone!! We just have to get used to our new look. You lived with your old body for a long time, give the new one a chance to be what you're used to. That's what I keep telling myself and it's helping. Keep up the great work!! You and I had surgery the same day last year!! It's been a terrific 12 months for me, too. 216 pounds gone!! God bless you! Vickie
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 785 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 542 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views