Summer is almost here...what is new for 16 months out???

Hollie Y.
on 5/18/04 5:09 am - columbus, ks
Hi, I had surgery in Tulsa OK, on Jan 23rd 2003. I have lost almost 150 pounds. I go in for a check up on the 20th. I am curious. I have slowed WAYYYY down in the last few months. I still have about 50 to go and it seems to be hanging on! Weird too, I can eat nearly anything including candy, but dumped for the first time in months last weekend on cereal!!! Of course it was pre-sweetened! haha. I am curious about everyone elses progress so far. feel free to email me off the board too if you like. Hollie
missy_mae
on 5/18/04 10:41 am - ME
Hi Hollie...I was going to email you but for some reason I couldn't find an email address for you. I had surgery Jan 6, 2003 and I am about 135 pounds down...about 25 pounds away from my goal. My weight loss has also slowed down dramatically!!! I go 3-4 weeks without losing an ounce! It gets discouraging at times but I don't complain. I am so very proud of where I am now. I also find that I can eat just about anything and those old eating habits are slowing sneaking up on me. I haven't yet figured out how to handle that. The surgery didn't help at all with my lack of will power! The other thing I wanted to share with you is that although I live in Maine now and have for the last 15 years, I lived in Kansas prior and a lot of my fathers family lives in Tulsa. That caught my attention when you said you had surgery there. Small world huh? Anyway...I'd love to talk more with you if you'd like to email me sometime. [email protected] Take Care! Missy
Pat Bell
on 7/16/04 3:54 am - Southeast, GA
Congratulations on the great weight loss. I have lost 136 lbs (58 pre-op, 78 post-op) but would like to lose 215 lbs total before I stop. I am fast coming to the realization that it's probably not going to happen though. Funny how we set a number in our minds and it seems like the end of the world if we don't reach it. I started this journey saying I'd be happy to regain my health. Somewhere along the line that changed to a number on the scale. I have regained my health, can do most things I want to do now but that darn number is driving me nuts. Best of luck for your continued success.
sharon C.
on 8/6/04 11:54 am - west chicago, il
Hi! I had my surgery on January 13, 2003 and I lost a total 160 lbs with 11 more pounds to go. I know what you mean about slowing down! It seems like the last few pounds are taking their time in coming off. I try not to eat anything too fattening and I eat alot of yogurt for breakfast and lunch and a small dinner, but still, I can't get it off. But on the lighter side I am healthier and feel so much better since the surgery. So I guess I shoudn't complain! Keep up the good work and don't get down on yourself! I'm sure you look and feel great now! Think positive!!! Sharon Campbell
Most Active
Recent Topics
Hi I had surgery 5 y...
suzann_1_abers · 1 replies · 680 views
Had a baby now can't lose weight
Dawn D. · 3 replies · 783 views
Help me break my Platue!
Annette M. · 0 replies · 472 views
I'm thin and I'm lovin it
Donna L. · 0 replies · 541 views
" No Support"
Princess03 · 2 replies · 691 views