Post OP - surgery date was Feb. 7, 2001

Gladys H.
on 2/11/05 4:18 pm - Montgomery, AL
I weighed 276 at the time and have done a fluncuating factor. Lost to 176, never saw a size 7 or 8, did get to a 12. I have gained 12 lbs this past year, and am now trying to learn to eat to get my weight back down. My downfall is grazing and not exercising. I will not be the one to say my life is wonderful now. It is drastically better, I did come to the realization that I was letting my weight control me and my happiness, and now instead of feeling like a freak, I do feel I blend in well with the crowd now. But life is pretty much like always, no matter how small I get, I still have good days and bad days, ups and downs, highs and lows. The difference is I now deal with them without drowning them in food. I did go skating with my grandchildren for the first time in 2002. And have since started riding bikes. It is really easy to go back to old eating patterns so watch yourself on that one. I would never say I regret having this done, it has been a life experience and had some adjustments to be made with it. but definitley would do it all over. It did help me become more active and raised my self esteem level.
Most Active
Recent Topics
Has it been that many years???
Terri D. · 0 replies · 416 views
How have you all been?
Alicia L. · 0 replies · 490 views
Pleasae Help
DrinknDixie · 1 replies · 556 views