Recent Posts

Therese L
on 3/28/16 2:46 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: 11 Years

I did not want the month to go by without doing a yearly check-in.  I cannot believe 11 years has passed since I had this surgery.  Keeping the weight off is a challenge (Currently at 182) but in so much better shape than where I was before the surgery. I am very fortunate things have worked out the way they have.  I have a feeling my life would have been much different if I had not taken this route. 

Ruby R.
on 4/26/15 4:31 am
Topic: RE: checking in- 10 years out!

I had no health issues at surgery and still do not.  I also had breast lift with implants and a tummy tuck.  Hope things go well for your sister. It is a decision everybody has to make for themselves, but I have never been sorry I had surgery  

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Therese L
on 4/26/15 1:38 am - Chicago, IL

I agree.  I am trying to talk my sister into having the surgery.  She has bad knees, high BP, diabetes. etc.  She keeps saying she is too old to do it (55YO).  I am going to tell her about you. have a great day!

Ruby R.
on 4/21/15 11:31 am

I can only say 'ditto' to your post.  Hi was 262, lo 128, 147 today.  I am 5'1"  I am 70 years old.  Do not think I look or feel my age.  Sure would like to get these 20 lbs off that I have gained, but feel very blessed to be where I am.

Ruby

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Therese L
on 3/21/15 4:38 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: checking in- 10 years out!

I can barely believe ten years have passed since this journey began. I highly recommend surgery for anyone who has struggled for many years with their weight with little results. Having the surgery (RNY) changed my life. That being said, it is not easy. I started the journey at 285 and am presently at 181. I hovered around 160 for years but the past four years I have been gained back a bit at a time as eating seems easier and menopause had kicked in. I wish all of you luck. This site was invaluable the first two years as I went through the journey of change with the surgery and then plastics. Bariatric surgery was a gift and blessing for me.

Terry

happygal
on 5/31/14 11:00 am - spring creek, NV
Topic: RE: 8 YEAR MARCH ANNIVERSARY

Adding to the above.....5/31/2014.....Weight  145....Low carbing still.  First week is tough when I go off but once back on I feel great.

Ruby R.
on 3/15/14 8:48 pm
Topic: RE: Checking in -9 year anniversary

Terry, so glad to see another Marcher out here.  Would love to hear what you do to keep things under control.  Glad for our victories.  I have gained some, too.  Would love to lose the regain.  Let's keep on keeping on.

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Therese L
on 3/15/14 8:06 am - Chicago, IL
Topic: Checking in -9 year anniversary

Hello Fellow Marchers,

Here I am -9 years later.  All is well.  I have gained some the past few years.  My low was 152 and I am now at 174. I am so grateful for what this surgery has done for my life. I wish all o fyou the best in this journey.

Terry

Ruby R.
on 3/10/14 7:43 pm
Topic: nine years today

Nine years ago today I had RNY.  All has gone good.  I still struggle with the carb monster.  Right now I am following my version of the Daniel Plan.  The 'monster' is under control.  I am up 21 pounds from my lowest and am working to get that off.  Lots of walking and a senior exercise class.  I wear a Fitbit and try to get 10,000 steps each day.  I would love to hear from other 'long timers' especially any one in the Atlanta area. 

262/128/149

hi/lo/today  5'1"  

Ruby  

RNY 3/2005    

Minnie-Me_Kiki
on 2/25/14 9:11 am - Salisbury, MA
Topic: RE: 8yrs later became hypothyoid and gained 40 lbs

I hear you. It has ruined mine too. I have gained thirty and no matter what I do it will not come off. I had rny in 2005.

Most Active
Recent Topics
11 Years
Therese L · 0 replies · 458 views
checking in- 10 years out!
Therese L · 3 replies · 540 views
Checking in -9 year anniversary
Therese L · 1 replies · 635 views
nine years today
Ruby R. · 0 replies · 555 views