almost 4 years

Betty H.
on 3/21/04 2:46 pm - Dallas, GA
Hey everyone. well it's almost been 4 years. How is everyone? I have an iron problem. My body will not store or absorb any iron. My count was a 3 in Nov. I have to have IV's of iron every 3-4 months.
ZZ S.
on 3/25/04 8:46 am
Hi Betty! I remember you! We share the same surgery day. I am doing great, had gained 8 pounds but recently taken it back off. Remain at goal and feel great! However, I too have the iron/ferritin level problem ever since I had PS and bleeding complications. I can build it up if I am diligent about my eating habits but it takes forever. I'm on 2 Vitra C a day and its helping so no need for IV's at this point for me. Best of Luck to you and Happy 4 years! Sandy
Sharon T.
on 4/21/04 7:35 am - Jefferson City, MO
Hi everyone. I am 4 years out. I as well am having iron problems. I have so far had three iron infusion in the last year. My Dr. said I might consider having a hysterectomy. I don't want to go through that. I have gain about 10lbs over the four years and has lost it.
Sundari P.
on 3/5/05 6:10 pm - Richmond, Va
Good lord, I think all of us have iron problems. My doc was considering the IV for me, but I just took pills. I also take several OTC nutritional liquids for iron as well that I REALLY believe help in addition to the pills. I am scared of doing the IV..I hear its painful. Also, vitamin C helps to catalyze the iron. Is anyone making sure they get enough of that as well? Hugs Sundari April 7 2000
Victoria K.
on 5/30/05 12:19 am - Detroit, MI
Best of wishes to all of you who share my anniversary date. It sounds like you have all been successful, but the iron problem seems to be common, even for me. I'm taking pills at the moment. No one has mentioned IV's, though!
Most Active
Recent Topics
GAINING WEIGHT ........HELP
Sandra A. · 1 replies · 389 views
almost 4 years
Betty H. · 4 replies · 394 views