Recent Posts

darbiokc
on 3/9/09 11:54 am - Oklahoma City, OK
Topic: RE: April 7
Congradulation... I'm having lapband on the same day
Tamilynn
on 3/9/09 9:46 am, edited 3/15/09 8:05 am
Topic: RE: Saturday conversation starter:
ok here goes.... i still have a hard time admitting the things that bother me about being fat to other people... even to you guys who completely understand....

1. Ride the roller coaster! this is a big one for me...
2. i want to eat at a resturaunt without people staring at what i order or eat...
3. i want to grocery shop without skinny people examining my c art to see what im buying....
4. i want to tie my shoes so the laces arent on the side... and not hold my breath doing it
5. i want to sit in a booth at the resturaunt!
6. i want to FEEL attractive
7. cross my legs
8. use a regular bathroomstall without wiggling around the door. (sometimes i think the stalls are just getting smaller)
9. i want to get up out of the tub or off the floor without having to get on all fours.
10. i wanna shop ANYWHERE!

edited to add.... 11. use a regular size towel when i take a shower
deez840
on 3/9/09 9:34 am
Topic: RE: April 2nd
LOL all the emotions im going through as well. I have the same date 4/2/09
Best wishes to you!!!!
Tamilynn
on 3/9/09 9:30 am
Topic: RE: I'm joining the April 8th Club!
its getting closer and closer! im reading every book i can think of. trying to plan out my first two weeks home. i am so excited but terrified.

as i count down the days i keep finding myself mourning food. that scares me. Every time i have something i think.... this could be the last time you eat that etc... i know that we will be able to still enjoy food again but i am still slowly saying good by to all of the crap i love to eat.

Wooo hooo here we come!
domster2002
on 3/9/09 7:34 am - Johnston City, IL
Topic: RE: April 16th
Congratulations!  Have you started your pre surgery diet yet?
Tammy
christyt3
on 3/8/09 11:58 pm - Kirksville, MO

Wow - that was a bomb!  Seems like nobody is on during the weekend!  Here are some more of my top 10 post-WLS things I am looking forward to (besides the one listed above):

10. Not being the fattest one in the group

9.  Wearing sexy lingerie and FEELING sexy when I do!

8.  Believing it when my husband says I'm beautiful.

7.  Not having to THINK about what I'm eating every second of the day - how many calories/points have I used and how many do I have left? 

6.  Wanting to exercise and enjoying it!

5.  No "chub rub" on my inner thighs!

4.  Sharing my 17-year old daughter's clothes

3.  Not having my younger children point out every weight loss gimmick on TV and telling me I should try them.

2.  Taking a family vacation and having no limitations on what I can do:  ride every ride, ride a horse, or sit in any seat!

1.  Being healthy with a BMI less than 25!

metamorphosis007
on 3/8/09 6:33 am
I can't wait to run again. I used to love running, but can't because it hurts too much with all the extra weight.
You gotta love livin', baby, 'cause dyin' is a pain in the ass.---Frank Sinatra
sabrena_n
on 3/7/09 11:10 pm - Indianapolis, IN
Topic: RE: April 16th
Im April 16th too:)
Amy R.
on 3/7/09 5:38 am - Friend, NE
Topic: RE: I'm joining the April 8th Club!
Add me to the April 8 list as well!  So excited!!!
Erica Alikchihoo
on 3/7/09 4:11 am - Denver, CO
Topic: RE: A HAPPY NEW BIRTHDAY TO BE ME!
Congratulations!!!   You'll be great!  I had my surgery on Monday, and was doing so well that I came home on Wednesday!  I told you all about it, but have to admit that I left out a couple of things that you should know.  One is that I've been having some issues with drainage around my JP drain incision site, so you should have LOTS and LOTS of gauze pads and 3 x 3s and even a box of regular kotex (no sticky strip) on hand to absorb any leakage from around the tube.... and the other is that I had a couple of embarrassing incidents with diahhrea - couldn't make it to the bathroom in time, and had to have someone help me clean up (both me and the floor), which is always so "indelicate"....

Also, I think I about half-way sprained my foot the other day walking in crocs without any support, so it hurts to walk, and you're supposed to walk 6 times per day.... lucky for me I've got an exercise bicycle downstairs.  And lucky for me, it doesn't seem to bother the arthritis or stenosis in my back, or the sciatica down my leg!  I've been riding it for my "walks"....

Anyways, HooRay for YOU!!  I'll be right there cheering you on!!!

Erica
Erica Alikchihoo    
"She changes everything She touches,
and everything She touches, changes!"

Most Active
Recent Topics
strugling
windchimes · 2 replies · 727 views
Surgiversary Updates
Sephia · 2 replies · 880 views
April 13, 2009 people...
MelissaKM · 1 replies · 766 views