Recent Posts

CarolineAnnMartin
on 5/17/07 11:16 am - Collegeville, PA
Topic: ROLLCALL 4 YEARS POSTOP!
Hi everyone Just thought I'd post a roll call for all of us now 4 years postop! I had my gastric bypass surgery May 2, 2003. Lost the great majority of my 225 lbs in my first 17 months out and have since been maintaining. I had 3 rounds of reconstructive plastic surgery from Jan to April 05 (and unfortunately am still dealing with complications related to keloiding, adhesions and nueropathies) though my weight's continued to remain stable. In December 05, I started working at Bally Total Fitness in King of Prussia, PA as a certified personal trainer. I had to stop in August '06 given the ongoing pain from the reconstructive surgeries, but do train from home as I am able. Also, I've been getting more involved in my photography and have been working part-time as a photographer. Hope this finds everyone well and sending lots of hugs to all!!!! Caroline -225 lbs and maintaining http://abutterflyemerges.com http://myspace.com/carolineam http://myspace.com/carolinemartinphotography http://picturetrail/com/carolineam
stephanie
on 5/16/07 5:17 am - Jasper, GA
Topic: RE: ROLLCALL - 3 YEARS POSTOP!
I had my RNY open on May 12, 2003 and have lost 254 pounds and holding at 153 pounds. size 4 pants. lol
bluesky
on 5/12/07 2:21 pm - Springfield, OR
Topic: RE: Mexico LAP surgery-INPUT NEEDED
I worked at Medical Center and we had a patient who had a Lap Band surgery done somewhere,(other country) and about 2-3 months after her surgery she started having complacations. She could not find any Doctors willing to care for her and treat her(pertaining to lap band surg) because she had surgery in another country. So, I would advice your Son to look into that, just in case.. Good Luck..
bluesky
on 5/12/07 2:08 pm - Springfield, OR
Topic: RE: Well, it's been almo...
I can hardly believe that 3yrs ago on May 10th, I had lap gastric bypass surgery. My weight was 304 lbs. I got down to 180 lbs, then I started gaining weight. All those old eating habits starting creeping back, the craving for certain foods etc. I gave in and thought I could handle it. When I reached 190 lbs, I freaked out.. I found a wt loss clinic here in Eugene OR, called "Monarch Medical Weight Loss Centers" and on their program I went from 190 lbs to 162 lbs(in 10 months). I'm in total control of my eating habits and have learned to eat healthy. I eat every 2-3 hrs. Low cal,(100-150cal) high pro(10-12 gr) mini meals, with 1 big meal (390 cal max) a day. Some patients qualify for appetite suppressents. I know that not everyone can join a wt loss clinic, but the program I'm on, is about the same as what we were told to do when we first had our surgeries. So, start back with the basic's up your protein, eat small low cal mini meals. Example: 1- 8oz Yoplait Light Smoothie and Frigo light string cheese is 150 cal and 15 gr protein. Example: 1/2 English muffin, 1- TBSP reduced fat cream cheese, 2 oz smoked salmon is 160 cal and 16 gr protein. Keep a food journal. My BMI was 33 when I started at the wt loss clinic, and my body fat was 40.6%. My fat free mass(muscle) was 59.4%. I was in a size 16-18 pants. Now, my BMI is 28. My body fat is at 36.4%. My fat free mass(muscle) is at 62.8% (you want to burn fat, not muscle) and I wear a size 10 jeans. You can do it Tangela.. If you have questions contact me.
sheilabryant
on 4/30/07 12:02 am - chestertown, MD
Topic: RE: Reach Goal Weight
congrats !!!!!!!!!!!!! keep up the good work.
sheilabryant
on 4/28/07 6:20 pm - chestertown, MD
Topic: lap band after bypass
hi just wondering it anyone has had lap band ater open RNY im 3 years out still have 100 lbs to lose and having hard time... my fault i know was just thinking lap band could help me lose the 100 lbs please email me at [email protected]
alsobig
on 4/22/07 8:15 pm - Merrimack, NH
Me too... I had loss about 185. It is time to get back to it.... Just do it.... do it... that is what I am telling myself now...! Check back in and let get each other motovated!
emmadog
on 4/22/07 7:24 pm - Yuba City, CA
I had my surgery just about the same date as you did. I originally lost 170 lbs. I have in the last 6 months gained 20 lbs. It really scares me. I have had cravings worse than ever since my surgery. I am also concerned about the amount of food I am able to eat compared with the past few years. I am struggling to get back on track also.
alsobig
on 4/19/07 9:46 pm - Merrimack, NH
Yes in deed.... I had my surgery on May 15, 2003 and I have put on some weight this last year too... about 35lbs... NOT GOOD.... I need to get back in control also... I just love food and love to eat... I weigh myself everyday to see what the magic number is... I think it is a lack of commitment to exercise... I do good for a week or two then take a week or two or three off... Maybe we can kick each other in the but to get going again... I never want to be 420lbs again....!
tangela
on 4/17/07 12:18 am - Huntsville, AL
Topic: Well, it's been almo...
Well, it's been almost 4 years since my surgery. This past year has been a tough year. The honey moon is definitely over as far as the effects of the surgery. I would do it again in a heart beat. However, now it is back to reality. I've gained weight this year and I have to get back in control. I know that I eat no where near what I ate before surgery and I know I am much healthier. I now need to loose 30 lbs to really feel my best. If there is anyone else out there that is reaching the 4 year mark and needs a new boost of encouragement I'd love to hear from you. Any tips on how to get back on track would be helpful. Thank you!!!! and good luck to everyone. (total weight loss was approx. 140lbs).
Most Active