Recent Posts

John W.
on 6/5/05 5:57 am - Chicopee, MA
Topic: hello
I have reach my below weight from what is projected " I know have a normal BMIwhich is 22.5 it can be achieve by you folks'. Excerises ia he key keep goingJohn
alsobig
on 6/2/05 2:53 am - Merrimack, NH
Topic: Low Heart Rate...?
I am 2 years post op and have lost 170 pounds.. I have a very low heart rate..? Resting it is 42-46 beats per minute... Anyone esle have this problem... The doc's seem to thing that because I have lost all this weight that my heart doesn't have to work so hard now...? They say people that are very active, have low resting heart rates... I am very active but not like a cardio instrustor...?
John W.
on 5/31/05 9:19 am - Chicopee, MA
Topic: Reach Goal Weight
I am very happy that i ahave reached my goal weight . I am now withing my normal weight od 127 lbs with a 5 lb
D. S
on 5/25/05 7:47 am
Topic: RE: Roll Call Approaching 2 Years Post Op!
Hi all. I'm joining your roll call. I will be 2 years on June 4th. I am at home recovering from a TT right now. It's a hard recovery. Probably as hard as RNY. I lost 130 pounds initially and then gained 15 back. I lost 5 before TT surgery and now during recovery I'm back down another 10. I'm unable to eat much during this recovery (on my 2nd week now) and I'm hoping it continues until I can get another 20 pounds off. I have a lot of swelling so I'm sure I'll lose atleast a few more pounds when the swelling goes down. Weight maintenance is a constant struggle for me but I would do this all over again in a heartbeat. I feel very lucky. It's good to hear that you all are doing well too. Take care, Dawn 315/185/?
Allee Z.
on 5/18/05 11:24 am - Eastern, IA
Topic: HORRID PAIN FOLLOW UP FOLLOW UP
Okay - WHY this seemed to be worst at "that time of month" than others - I don't know. But here is my story and I pass it along for you - just so you don't have this happen to you too. I got an email from a friend in a different state who had had WLS and recently had a tummy tuck. She wrote me and said "IF YOU ARE TAKING ANYTHING WITH ASPIRIN AND/OR IBUPROFEN IN IT ... STOP NOW" What happened was that after her pain meds from the TT were gone, she was still uncomfortable and was taking aspirin and ibuprofen for pain. All of a sudden one day she started vomiting blood. Scared her to death - went in and found she had a bleeding ulcer from the meds. So after she wrote that to me and I was already having these wicked stomach aches and problems I decided what a fool I was to take aspirin and ibuprofen. I didn't take a LOT of these, but occassionally. My thought process was "a little won't hurt". At that same time I vowed to religiously take my calcium and vitamins which I hadn't been so faithful at either. Imagine my surprise a couple weeks later when I started feeling overall better. My stomach didn't hurt so much and eventually the pain was GONE ALTOGETHER. My own diagnosis of this was that I was getting an ulcer in my little tummy and it was VERY PAINFUL. I do NOT take aspirin or ibuprofen at all now. And feel GOOD now!
Allee Z.
on 5/18/05 11:16 am - Eastern, IA
I'll be 2 years out on May 27. I'm down about 120 pounds. Still hanging within 2-4 pounds of my lowest weight. I'd LOVE to lose 10 more. And I could, if I just WOULD. But like it sounds like some of you are fighting - I am fighting the old demons. SUgar, snacking, etc. I know if I would be able to have plastics -- i.e. tummy tuck, boobies lifted, etc. - I would be below my goal. BUT until my insurance company or my fairy godmother come calling and tell me they'll "take care of it" ($$) I guess I"ll still droop, sag and have the exess around my belly. UGH! Over all I'm so happy I did this. I do wish my dr. had bypassed a little more - so that I would have to work at keeping WEIGHT ON! I thought by bypassing it would eliminate some of the calories. I don't see that happening. *LOL* Don't EVER give up and don't EVER go back.
Barb A.
on 5/14/05 11:20 am - Congerville, IL
HI Gang, I am 2 years out 5/12/03. I've lost 100 lbs. and would really like to push another 25-50 off. However, I am feeling great, have no problems as long as I stay away from sugar alcohols. I've been extremely busy at work and difficult to find the time to exercise. Bad habit. Hopefully with the nice weather approaching, I can get out and enjoy some walks. Barb
lyn H.
on 5/13/05 12:02 pm - marietta, ga
Hi Jeffrey, congrats...you're doin great. I have lost 121 lbs, but just within the last two months I have been putting on and taking off the same 7 lbs. I just need to watch my carbs...bread (toast) is what does me in. I just found this site and its really nice to read what everyone with the same age (gb)as me is doing and feeling. thanks for posting, Lyn
selmasue
on 5/11/05 3:53 am - Green Bay, WI
Topic: RE: 20 Months out what are you eating?
I will be at 24 months on the 22nd of May. I too have frustrations about eating. If I am at work I snack alot but at home I just eat my three meals. My portion sizes have gotten bigger since the beginning and I snack alot more. I still have difficulty with certain foods such as bread, mil**** cream and sometimes sweets.I have gained 6lbs since april of last year so I am disgusted knowing that I can gain the weight back. I think my problem is that I dont drink enough water to fill me up so I eat. I would greatly appreciate any words of wisdom or support.
selmasue
on 5/11/05 3:37 am - Green Bay, WI
Topic: RE: looking for info....
Like all surgeries there are risks but this surgery was well worth it and not only have I recommended it to others but I also would do it again. I have tried all kinds of diets but never lost the weight I wanted to. This journey is not a easy journey but with support and determination it will be a rewarding journey. The only complication that I had was I got a abdomen hernia and they had to fix it. That surgery and recovery process was far worse then the Rouyen surgery.Unfortunately I was denired for any type of plastic surgery so I have to work extra hard to try and firm up.
Most Active