Anyone have plastic surgery and are you glad you did?

az
on 9/3/07 7:41 am - MA
Hello fellow Maysters! Well it's 2+ years and now that the weight is off I am left with all of the sagging skin. I truly wasn't prepared for how bad it was going to look! I thought all along "I'll just be so grateful to have lost the weight". Seems like we are never satisfied hmmm? So I have begun to explore the wonderful world of plastic surgery. I think this is far more complicated than the GBS decision if that is possible. I saw a surgeon out of state that I really liked but worry about recovering so far away and what happens if there are post op complications. Seeing a local guy in a couple of weeks. I am also worried about the recovery (how long? what will the pain be like with an incision all the way around your body? drains? how long out of work? can I take care of myself when I get home?). Would really appreciate any info anyone has on their experience.
Bonnie M
on 9/4/07 12:37 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
I've had several procedures--2 surgeries, the last one took 7 hours and was in Rio de Janerio, Brazil. Since all procedures are different, I suggest that you follow the very wise and helpful people on the plastic surgery forum. Good luck.
julieohio
on 9/11/07 3:18 am - Gahanna, OH
Bonnie is right about the PS forum, so much useful info there. I had an LBL, BL/BA 6 weeks ago today. It was painful and difficult. I went back to work part time last week and full time this week. I am not allowed to lift yet but can do just as much cardio as I did before surgery. About an hour of hard cardio a day. I hope this helps answer some of your questions. Julie
az
on 9/11/07 9:10 am - MA
Thanks Julie for the input. I am still exploring the options. Not sure if I want to go thru more surgery but I am disapointed with the extra skin. I also don't want to have to ask for more time off from work since it's so personal. I think if I go forward I may take some long vacations and get it done that way.
tammygunter
on 2/25/08 5:43 am - 'Jefferson, GA
I waited until I was 2 years out to have my plastic surgery, I had extended abdominalplasty, implants & lift all in one day. My surgery was 9 hours. I think it was worth it but If I had it to do over again I would NOT do it because of the pain. My husband was out of work 2 weeks taking care of me. I went back to work in 8 weeks after surgery. I am gonna be honest it was the worst pain I've ever had.I would sleep & when I woke up I would eat something take another pain pill & sleep more. I think all the drains I had to wear were the worst thing. I had 3 drains in my lower stomach. I slept in the recliner for 2 weeks. Also since plastic surgery I have gained 20 lbs. & my stomach has loose skin now when I sit straight up. But nobady can make the decision but you. Good luck. Tammy Gunter
az
on 2/25/08 7:15 am - MA
Thanks for the reply Tammy. I did take the plunge and had LBL and BL/BR all in one day too. 10 hours for me. I stayed one night in hospital and was out of work 3 weeks. I did pretty well overall and am pleased with the results. I need to do the inner thighs at some point but not ready to even think about it yet.
tammygunter
on 2/25/08 1:28 pm - 'Jefferson, GA
Yes I would love to have my inner thighs & hips done. My hips & legs are my biggest now. Do you know of anyone that has had hips or thighs done? Wonder what the cost is? I had to pay out of pocket for my PS. $ 10,000 & can't do that again any time soon.
az
on 2/25/08 7:53 pm - MA
Quite a few have had them done over on the Plastic surgery board. Not sure about cost but know insurance won't cover it.
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 558 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 966 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 929 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 823 views