Ho, ho, ho - its off to more surgery I go...

Kathy & Rich
on 12/17/07 8:27 pm - Fairfax, VA
Surgeon thinks I have an internal hernia. I'm having surgery 12/26. Post-holiday surgery again this year (my first lumpectomy was 12/27 last year). So my surgeon will go in lap and look around and close off the defects. The defects (mesenteric, Petersons, etc) are openings where the intestines can flop into and get pinched/twisted/kinked/whatever. The defects become bigger as we lose fat from around our intestines. Internal hernias are difficult to see on tests since the intestines can flip back to regular position and therefore nothing would be seen. But I described in good detail the issue I had. The worst was on 12/7 when I was in pain for 8 hours. It varied in intensity so I kept waffling on the should-I-go-to-the-ER or should-I-not-go-to-the-ER. Already had an appointment with my surgeon scheduled for a few days later so I just waited since the pain had passed by the time Rich got home from work. Next year, I'm sure I'll be under the knife again for my back which sucks rocks. Will this ever end? I sure hope so. Take care, folks! Miss you all! Kathy
future former fat chick
on 12/19/07 4:10 am - Baltimore, MD
I'm so sorry to hear that you need more surgery, Kathy. I will be praying for you and Rich. Have a good holiday. Hugs, Tracy
Kathy & Rich
on 12/19/07 9:12 pm - Fairfax, VA
Thanks, Tracy! Hope your holidays are wonderful. Hugs, Kathy
wanda
on 12/25/07 3:30 am
Good luck with your surgery Kathy! Take care of yourself!!! Wanda
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 558 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 966 views