Hadn't seen ya'll in FOREVER!

webgal
on 1/3/08 9:59 pm - Kemah, TX
I moved from Texas (dr. Marvin)....LOVED him... to North Carolina and am having HORRIBLE....stop in my tracks pain in my left upper quadrant...hadn't eaten for 3 days now...to ER twice to be pumped with fluids...of COURSE my veins blew because I was dehydrated...sniff.... I called good ol doc marvin and he says that or office...says that perhaps I should mention petersons defect to doc here...that there was a revision AFTER our revision!?!? Any idea guys...Im hurting...
Kathy & Rich
on 1/4/08 6:50 am - Fairfax, VA
Peterson's defect is an area where the bowel can twist into (aka internal hernia). They can close off the defect so the bowel can't get in there. There is also a transmesenteric defect. These areas are open because of fat loss. These are hard to diagnose because by the time they see you the bowel can flop back into place and there will be nothing to see. Had surgery for pain last week. Unfortunately in my case, don't think it has helped as I had pain today again. Not as bad as before. I see my surgeon Monday for my post-op follow-up. Argh. I would mention the defects to your doctors. My surgeon said in a "perfect" world... they'd go in a year post-op and close the defects off. Hard to do during initial WLS because it can put pressure on the pouch. Good luck! Feel better. Kathy
Bonnie M
on 1/6/08 12:43 am - Sioux Falls, SD
I sure hpoe you both are feeling better.
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 556 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 964 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 927 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 822 views