3 YEAR CHALLENGE/SUPPORT

njcocoa
on 3/25/08 7:21 am - somerville, NJ
Hi Maysters!!!! It's almost 3 yrs! I cannot believe it. Tracy gave me an idea. For those of you experiencing a regain, or who have stopped losing, why don't we get together on the boards again, and hold each other accountable. For those who are maintaining, and or still losing, I'd love to hear from you too. I've participated in challenges on other boards, and they are great motivators, as well as a tremendous amount of support. I mean c'mon now, there's nothing like May, Class of 05!!!!
Kathy & Rich
on 3/25/08 8:50 am - Fairfax, VA
I'm up for it. I need to do something. I won't be able to exercise but I sure can watch what I eat. I'm celebrating my 3 year surgiversary by having more surgery. Oh boy. I'm having the first part of a 2 part back surgery - spinal fusion. 5/20, I have the discs removed through my belly and bone put in to cause fusion and then 5/22 I have rods and screws put in through my lower back to stabilize things. Its a two-fer. Two surgeries - one hospital stay. Yippee. I hope this is the last surgery. I see my gastro next Tuesday about abdominal pain that seems to have improved with probiotics. I believe (self-diagnosis here) I have small bowel/intestinal bacterial overgrowth. My belly gets extremely distented, I get severe gas and pain. It's been an ugly couple of months. Hopefully he'll be able to help me. Boy, I'm sunshine and roses, eh? Brighter days have to be ahead. Kathy
njcocoa
on 3/27/08 8:03 am - somerville, NJ
Dayum Kathy, There have to be brighter days ahead for you. I demand it. So on April 1. I am beginning Daniel's fast. I am not at a good place right now and I really need to take this spiritual journey. I also look to rid my body of some of the toxins that force me to lose and gain these same 15 pounds. So like you, I will be watching what I eat as carefully as I did in May of 05. I'll be holding myself accountable on the Grads board, and I can start a thread here as well. Check in with me.
cozy_momma
on 3/31/08 2:18 pm - New Orleans, LA
What is Daniel's fast? I too am in a bad place . . . eating for purely emotional reasons, totally disconnected from hunger, not exercising, drinking too much wine. I definitely need help! I'd gotten to a good weight and nice size (10, close to 8); now I am back to a 12 and very thick in the middle -- the stressful kind of weight. I don't have much control over my sources of stress right now, but must find more appropriate ways to handle it.
njcocoa
on 4/1/08 3:43 am - somerville, NJ
Hi Annie-I will PM you the details re Daniel's fast. I know all about the middle,,,,uh But it's time for me to make a change!
future former fat chick
on 4/2/08 3:58 am - Baltimore, MD
Hey Everyone! I had a good food week last week and this week thus far. I have a weigh-in Saturday at Weigh****chers - I only go every two weeks rather than every week. I hope to be down 2 or 3 pounds (forever gone are the 5 to 7 pounds weeks!!!). Anyway, I hope you all are doing well. Kathy, you are in my prayers as you gear up for surgery!
njcocoa
on 4/2/08 4:14 am - somerville, NJ
Hey Tracey, Thanks for checking in! Congrats on your loss, and healthy choices. Keep it up!
Candi
on 4/4/08 8:59 am - Ventura, CA
Aliya! It's like I was drawn to this board today, and this is EXACTLY what I needed! I'm up 10-12 pounds and have been drinking too much wine, along with not exercising at all. I'm up for the challenge, count me in! I'll be checking in daily, I hope more people join in, we all need it! Update on me: Life's been good, but LOTS of stress. I'm a grandma! My daughter had Elizabeth Jane on Feb. 1st. She was a month early and it was stressful, but she's here now, and she is perfect! Things are starting to settle down a bit. Now I just need to re-focus and take care of ME again. And I need to cut down on the pinot noir!! I'll be checking in....
njcocoa
on 4/5/08 12:19 am - somerville, NJ
Hi Grandma Candi! Happy that you checked in. Congrats on Elizabeth Jane!!! Girl that wine is a killer. You're on the right track, we must take care of us. Check in soon.
mzsmitty62
on 4/7/08 12:52 am - Jeffersonville, IN
Hi aliya! Yea...I am still packing those 23 extra pounds! I think it will get better now that I can come out of hibernation and start walking. Course my hubby has been enjoying watching my butt get bigger...fettish..ya know!! I will check in more often!
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 556 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 964 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 927 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 822 views