5 day pouch test..join me

janiec
on 5/11/08 2:17 am
Hi Maysters, Have any of you heard of the 5 day pouch test? I read about it on the California message board. It helps people to get back to basics. Day one and two one only drinks protein drinks, clear broth, sugar free jello or pudding and of course drink 64 ounces of water (sound familiar?). Any way check it out. I am going to start this Monday for sure. I really need to start eating like I did in the beginning. I want to loose a few pounds but more than that I want to keep from starting an upward sliiiiiiiiiiiiiide. If you want more info. let me know and I hope some of you will want to join me on this new journey as you did with my old one 3 years ago. Jane (243/139/154) P.S.I remember many of you from your posts back in the day. It really is terrific hearing about you on the Maysters roll call.
njcocoa
on 5/11/08 11:20 pm - somerville, NJ
Hey jane, when do you plan on starting?I've had success with this in the past
janiec
on 5/12/08 10:20 am
I started today Monday. So far it has been pretty easy. I'm just drinking the water, tea, and necter protein powder in water. When you did this in the past did it kind of reshrink your pouch? I went off of sugar for a month and now I can't tolerate it again, it reminds me of how it was right after my surgery I couldn't eat it back then or I really got sick. Aliya if you can why don't you start with me?! Thanks, Jane
janiec
on 5/13/08 12:39 pm
Hi Aliya Did you start? Let me know. Jane
njcocoa
on 5/14/08 5:21 am - somerville, NJ
Hi Jane, for some reason my last reply didn't post. I didn't start as I am on another plan-very high in protein. The 5 dpt helped tremendously with that "tight" feeling again-still have restriction.
wanda
on 5/12/08 10:58 am
Hi Jane, sounds like a great plan to me. I'm going to give it a shot. I need a BIG boost right now! Wanda
janiec
on 5/13/08 12:38 pm
Wanda, Did you start? Let me know. Jane
CarolB
on 5/16/08 11:33 pm - Coventry, RI
I am just reading this today (5/17) but would like to give it a shot, Can you please give me some more info on this pouch diet? Much Appreciated!
janiec
on 5/17/08 4:45 am
Hi Carol, I emailed you a response. Did you get it? A group of us are starting again this Monday. You should check out the California message board to see what we are doing. We post there daily. You don't have to be from Cali, we are all in this together. The web site is www.5daypouchtest.com and it will give you all the details. It has helped me get back to portion control and protein and yes that evil...water. You should try it with us MOnday. I look forward to hearing from you. Jane
Kimber L.
on 5/17/08 10:11 am - Angleton, TX
Hi All, I am also a fellow Mayster (05-16-05) I had my bypass, I lost 92 lbs. I mostly lurked around the site on and off. I remember many of you, Kathy, Becky Sue, Yellow Rose, and many others. I did great until the last 3 months. I am, as it sounds like most of us dealing with LIFE (teenagers, work, etc.) Lots of STRESS! I won't make you guys read my woes, but they sound very similar to many that I have read. Anyway....I started STRESS eating again. I gained about 8lbs before I really got scared. So I started reading and searching on-line. I really thought that I had stretched my pouch and was headed back to the heavy side...slowly but surely. That's when I found the "Neighborhood" and the 5 day pouch test. What an awesome message board and support group. I just finished the 5dpt yesterday! Today was Day 6 and My POUCH STILL works. The test is very hard, so I do encourage any who try it to make sure to get a partner or two, (I believe there was 6 of us) and POST, POST, POST....it felt great to have others there with me...They helped me through the 5 days and I would like to think that I helped them. I felt accountable to my partners, I felt like if I gave in, I would let them down and they may give in also. So, each day we checked in with each other. The test is good! I had tried it 2 time before on my own, but never made it past the 2nd day. This time I charged in, joined the neighborhood and asked for support & help. So, I truely believe the only reason I was successful, was because several of us did this together, and the veterans were there CHEERING us on ALL THE WAY. Giving tips, answering questions, etc. So don't do it alone! Whatever you do, get some support. I feel sooooo empowered after my 5dpt....NO, i'm not fixed, but I know that my tool is NOT broken or gone! I do have control and power to make it work for me. NOW...the hard part is getting control of my stress and finding a healthier alternative to reduce & soothe my stress! Best Wishes to All, Kimber
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 556 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 964 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 927 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 822 views