3 Years Later

JennyA
on 5/19/08 6:28 am - Eagan, MN
Thanks to all who have been there for me on this journey. Here are my stats and thoughts on my journey: Weight Start - 292; 1 year post-op - 190; 2 years post-op - 188; 3 years post-op - 185 Inches Bust Start - 53" 3 years - 39.5; Waist Start - 49.5" 3 years - 34"; Hip Start - 57" 3 years - 43" Blood Work Pre-op: Cholesterol - 192; LDL - 95; HDL - 56; Triglycerides - 205 2 years post-op: Cholesterol - 166; LDL - 90; HDL - 62; Triglycerides - 72 From Surgery Letter 12/04: "Most of my life, excess weight has not stopped me from being fairly active. Sure, I never liked the way I looked, but most activities were not off limits to me. In the last 8 years that has changed. I now must look at a chair before sitting in it and decide if it will hold me (some have not), I dread going on amusement park rides with my kids because what if the safety bar won't close (they almost haven't). When I go up and down stairs, I must brace myself for the pain and grinding in my knees. When I wake in the morning, I must shuffle like an old woman (I'm 40) because the plantar fasciitis flares up during the night. I'm too young to feel this old." Well here I am three years later and how's it going? Pretty darn good. My health has been great, I have few adverse reactions to food and I have kept the weight off! I can sit on any chair, I have no "will I fit" fear of roller coasters, my knees and feet are happier. No, I am not perfect in the foods I choose and I need to exercise more. I am starting a 10 week walk-to-run clinic on my anniversary and I am hoping the accountability will help be get it entrenched as a habit. I also plan on running a 5K at the end of it! I have walked in two Breast Cancer 3-Days since my surgery and that is something I NEVER would have done at almost 300 pounds. I have more confidence and that is reflected in my work and in the volunteer opportunities I have had to courage to take part in. This was not the cure-all to my life problems, nor did I expect it to be. I have met some great people and received so much support from OH and Park Nicollet. WLS does not define who I am today, but it has helped me be the person I was meant to be. I still have goals to meet in all areas of my life and, Goddess willing, I will be around for many years to keep working on them. Take care. J
njcocoa
on 5/20/08 3:36 am - somerville, NJ
I was waiting on this-lol. Great job maintaining!
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 556 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 964 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 927 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 822 views