3 years unbelieveable right??

laura
on 5/20/08 11:22 am - lake worth, FL
I have been doing pretty well.My weight has stayed with in my goal of 10 pounds.I weigh between 120-130 and I am 5-1 so the weight is good.I had some issues with not being able to eat when I am stressed so then I cant eat then I get over my stress then I can.Medication is a big issue for me as well.I take lexapro for depression I think it works.Others like pain killers for cramps makes me hyper.I feel anxious quite often but then again whatever I take for anxiety works sometimes other times no.I have had 2 Iv iron transfusions since last year even though I take tandem plus.My ferritin was 4 before my last transfusion but I was running around like crazy.My doctor said I cant believe I am out of bed and running around like I do??? Go figure.Otherwise I am glad I had the surgery.To me nothing tastes as good as thin feels.I was a 18-20 before surgery now I am pretty much a size 5!!! Still have head hunger but I do try to get it out and do other stuff.I hate to say it but I work a ton and I am spastic and before I was sooooo unmotivated.Glad to see some of the maysters posting I know we are all busy....Take care.This surgery wasnt a cure just a tool :] have a great year ~Laura~
doodlebug
on 5/21/08 5:48 am - MN
Congratulations! The time post-op sure goes faster than the time pre-op did. Must be due to the way we feel now.
Debstamper
on 5/21/08 8:52 am - CA
Laura, This all sounds so familiar. I just posted a blog on my profile about all this, but in brief, it has been a little over 3 years for me also. With problems not until about a year out. I have always had heavy periods and terrible cramping, but after the weight loss I became very anemic and was hospitalized with 2 blood transfusions. After that it was determined that I needed a hysterectomy and while they were there the removed my excess skin. A year after the hystorectomy I get an incisional hernia and have to have that removed. Now I am dealing with menopause and also on lexapro but still feeling very anxious. Yes it does feel good to have lost the weight, but there are still the mental eating issues. Good Luck to you!
laura
on 5/21/08 11:54 am - lake worth, FL
Thanks, I really try hard to keep my weight with in 10 pounds, for outsiders who think surgery is a cure all not true I have to be careful everyday.I was very lucky not to be hospitalized , when I start chewing ice I know my iron is low.I think I will probably have iron issues for a long time.I take my scripts but no luck with iron meds.In fact I have hard time with a lots of meds they seem to burn through me so fast or I have a opposite reaction to how they are suppose to be.Kinda sinks since I have anxiety issues and I have a hard time sleeping.Sleeping meds keep me sleeping for 3 hours then I am wide awake.oh well thats part of the way this goes.I am going to my primary doctor next week if I can get in..Not sleeping doesnt do well for me since I go no stop all day :] I hateto hear everybody snoring and me staring @ the fan ...stinks... Gonna try something else hopefully .
Candi
on 6/5/08 4:59 pm - Ventura, CA
Deborah- I have a question! I just found out this week that I have to have a hysterectomy in August. I have been trying to research the possibility of having my excess skin removed at the time. Can you tell me the process and how it went for you? Did insurance cover it? Did you have to have a special surgeon? I am so anxious to read about your experience!
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 558 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 966 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 929 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 823 views