Post-ops...How many calories?

(deactivated member)
on 7/4/08 9:32 pm - Orlando, FL
Hi all...well I'm three years out and feeling pretty good. I'm in good health, diabetes and high cholesterol gone. Blood pressure is controlled, but I can thank my dad for that inheritance.. lol.. Anywho, I've been at a stand still in my weight loss since March of this year. I know lots of post-ops tend to gain (from what I've read) between 8-15 pounds and I've fallen into that category. My lowest weight was 159 in early 2006. I never saw that again and have been at 172 for several months now. Thanks to www.dailyplate.com I realized I have been eating a little too much carbs so I'm working on cutting that down and eating more protein. My question is how many calories should we be consuming? I'm sure it all depends on height and weight. On that note, I'm 5'3 and like I said, currently 172 pounds. My goal is to get to at least 135-140 and then get plastics. So according to Daily Plate, I should consume 1,635 calories a day to lose at least 1 pound a week. Does that seem like too little calories? When I factor in exercise 3-4 times a week for about an hour, it seems like I'm starving myself. I know "starvation mode" makes us gain weight. If anyone can give me some advice, I'd greatly appreciate it!
Bonnie M
on 7/10/08 1:04 pm - Sioux Falls, SD
I'm not sure, I eat more than that--but I'm definately not losing. Maybe you coule go to the nutrition forum and ask the same question.
Most Active
Recent Topics
GERD
andrea may 05 · 0 replies · 549 views
Well hello old friends!!!
SteffieBear15 · 3 replies · 953 views
5 years, 10 months & 13 days...
dreamy6501 · 4 replies · 921 views
Pouch has Stretched
DawnVA · 2 replies · 818 views