Recent Posts

Lori .
on 10/12/06 3:45 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Topic: RE: I Can't Believe It....I'm a Century Club Member!
Thank-you everyone for your kind words and encouragement, it sure feels great to be in this place. Lori
Lori .
on 10/12/06 3:43 am - Shuswaps, Canada
Hi Veronica, I am definitely losing hair, quite a bit of it. My hair was thin to begin with, I was quite physically unwell before surgery--so my hair shows quite thin now. I got it cut short to disguise it better. It is naturally curly, so I use the volume to my advantage. I also have Nioxin hair products and I am taking biotin. I am confident the hair loss will slow over time. Sorry to hear you too were sick early on. I was sick, but at least didn't ever question my decision to go ahead with this surgery, thank goodness. Good luck with your continued weight loss. Lori
KC
on 10/12/06 2:44 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: Exercise blues....
Make a deal with yourself to go once or twice a week at first. Keep at it and pretty soon it will become a habit. It also helps to get a work-out buddy so you are accountable. I know exactly what you mean - I used to hate exercise. I have gotten myself in a habit of walking around our retention pond with the dogs (my hubbie always did it -- I just didn't when I was fat). I told him "MAKE ME GO, shame me whatever". Now I look forward to it. I go even if he's not around. I'm now going twice some days. Now the gym -- I'm still trying to make that one a habit. I have a work-out buddy, my son, but sometimes he goes before I get home and then I won't go. We don't work out together so it's boring. I did just go to a support group meeting where a bicycler spoke and he was so inspiring, I think I want to take up biking. I need to check out the club and then see if we even own a bike still. I don't want to buy a bike if it turns out to be something I don't like. Riding a bike on the streets of Houston sounds pretty scary right now.
KC
on 10/12/06 2:39 am - Houston, TX
Topic: RE: ~*~*~WEDNESDAY ROLL CALL~*~*~
Wow, don't know how I missed this yesterday! My answers: 1) What is the weather like where you are today?? Cold - in the 70s, probably will rain today or tomorrow. 2) Do you work? Inside or Outside the home? What do you do? Do you like it? Work outside the home as paralegal. Very bored with it. 3) What did you eat so far today? Let's be honest... Today, a protein shake, a cheese stick and 2 cups of diet hot cocoa. Yesterday, I had a luncheon to go to and did great not eating the pasta, just the meat and veggies. But then the chocolate cake came that looked to die for. I ate about 3 bites. It really wasn't as good as it looked. 4) How close to your goal are you? I'm 9 pounds from my less than 200 by Christmas. I think I'll make that one. I'm 59 pounds from my goal of 150 - I don't know if I'll go for less or more than that. Don't know if it's realistic but, hey, it's a goal. 5) Do you send holiday cards? If so, would you be willing to be on a card exchange or possibly a secret holiday pal exchange? I do make and send cards. 6) On average, how much are you on the OH website? daily almost
KC
on 10/12/06 2:34 am - Houston, TX
VERONICASMITH
on 10/11/06 11:46 pm - LAKE WORTH, FL
Hello. I read your profile and had some of the same things about nausea .. i had my surgery june 7th of 2006. i was 285 and to date im 211. so im happy with that. Did you lose any hair??? My hair is thinning soooooooooo much and im so upset about it . I have been taken added vitamins like zinc and betone. I also have special shampoo and conditioners. Well im happy that i had the surgery but a few months ago i wasnt. I was sick alot. Anyway have a great day and please feel free to email me my name is veronica at [email protected]
BigBopper
on 10/11/06 11:14 am - Oxnard, CA
Topic: RE: Exercise blues....
Some days it is hard. As it gets colder, it will be even harder. My rule, generally, is that I cannot ea****ch T.V./ or have any other pleasure until I've put in at least 20 minutes. Most of the time, once I start, I usually go the full 40 minutes. Good luck, Ben
chubbychub
on 10/11/06 9:50 am - camp hill, PA
Topic: RE: ~*~*~WEDNESDAY ROLL CALL~*~*~
1) What is the weather like where you are today?? Sunny and about 65 2) Do you work? Inside or Outside the home? What do you do? Do you like it? I am an art teacher for three elementary schools. I love it, but it is a lot of work! 3) What did you eat so far today? Let's be honest... Protein shake for breakfast, 2oz of chicken and some peas for lunch which I threw back up and for dinner a salbury stake and a few peas. I also had a sugar free ice cream sandwich for dessert. 4) How close to your goal are you? 60 pounds or so 5) Do you send holiday cards? If so, would you be willing to be on a card exchange or possibly a secret holiday pal exchange? I would like to do cards and I buy cards to send out every year, but I never seem to get around to it. 6) On average, how much are you on the OH website? I visit and read the boards every day, but I don't post too often
chubbychub
on 10/11/06 9:43 am - camp hill, PA
Topic: RE: Eating More?
I was just stressing about this today. I had my 3 month follow up a few weeks ago and he said I am doing fine but.... I am still only supposed to be eating 4 tablespoons of food 3 times a day. Dependign on the day and the food, 4T is enough, but most of the time I can eat a lot more. Last night for dinner I ate almost a whole 6 inch sub from subway minus most of the bread. And I never lost my appitite. I wi**** would get lost some times so I don't have to eat so much :P
Chavon T.
on 10/11/06 9:11 am - Irmo, SC
Topic: RE: How Many LBS Have You Lost **progress report**
1. Surgery Date: 6/19/06 2. Lbs Lost: 80 3. Main Source of Protein? meat, eggs, cheese, south beach diet bars 4. How much water are you getting in? 48 oz - need more 5. Are you getting your vitamins in or do you need to improve? yes, no problem 6. What vitamins do you take? 1 women's prenatal vitamin, 1 caltrate 2x's, slow fe iron 1x and b12 2500mcg every 3 days 7. Have you had any hair loss? no
Most Active
Recent Topics
9 years!
Jennifer K. · 1 replies · 624 views
Thinking of revision
Elana P. · 1 replies · 718 views
8 Years today
Frank D. · 1 replies · 795 views
8 years!
Jennifer K. · 2 replies · 655 views
7 years!
Jennifer K. · 0 replies · 713 views