July 2006 Post-Op 3-years!

Ann N.
on 7/31/06 10:36 am - FL
Isn't it exciting? 3 years have passed and I am doing pretty well. So far my weight stays within a 5-pound window. My only complication this year was a bowel obstruction in May 2006 that I was in the hospital about 8 days for and recovery has been rather slow and I'm battling with being anemic, so my Dr. started me on an Iron regimen. I faithfully take my multi-vitamin and 1500 Calcium with Vit D & K every day..since my surgery. How about all of you?
Carmen Perez
on 8/6/06 4:22 am - Raleigh, NC
Well, I'm doing good, except I've gained like 20 pounds and I am starting to panick, I had lost a total of 85 pounds in one year and to me is not a lot compared to other people. My calcium and everything else has beeb fine, I eat a little more than befor e but not too much so I don't understand why I've gained weight, is true that i gained the weight about 10 months ago and it has stayed that way but I would like to loose 40 more pounds and I'll be happy.
TaraLong
on 8/1/07 1:08 pm - Pascagoula, MS
I honestly think that weight "Stabilizes" at some point. Based on your life style, food choices, exercise choices and work style. Mine seems to be 220 for my norm at 4 years out. I felt I was a slow looser and coulda done better... but then most of us feel that way I will admit when I see weight gains of even 2lb I start to worry. I will admit I live in terror of putting the weight back on I will also admit that I am so much more healthy now! I am so much more NORMAL now. I keep reminding myself of these things when I start to fret
white784
on 1/21/07 6:18 am
July 3rd was 3 years for me and i have been doing pretty good i went from a size 24 to a comfortable 12 and i'm happy. I'm 61 years old have lost almost 100 lbs since my surgery. I seem to be staying at 135lbs which is good seeing as i'm only 4' 11" my dr. still would like me to lost more weight, but come on i'm 61 and very happy with this weight.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 701 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 611 views