July 03 surgeries--take care of you!

Lorilee P.
on 6/11/03 3:45 am - Morrisonville, WI
Hello all! I just want to send out a little reminder to have everyone take some time for themselves before surgery. I am having a massage, pedicure and (ha-ha) chins wax before my day on 7/2/03. I am finding that journaling and enjoying my family and myself is the best medicine to avoid those pre-surgery jitters! Good luck everyone-- I will be watching to see how you all are doing. LAP RNY-Milwaukee WI-- Lorilee
Dorothy G.
on 6/11/03 3:49 am - Cold Brook, NY
Hi, I'm trying to take your advise, i'm scheduled for July 3rd got all the cleaning done, now time to take care of myself.. and of course have those last few meals...LOL..gotta do it..i wish you all the best on your upcoming surgery.... take care... Dorothy/Upstate NY
Jay F.
on 6/11/03 9:17 am - west haven, ct
Hi Lorilee, Taking time for yourself, what is that?????? After taking care of a mother who was sick for some many years and passses away several years ago and raising 2 babies, I found myself consummed in taking care of them. Me, now that's another story, I problably wouldn't be were I am now because of neglect of myself, I realized my weight and health were getting out of control, but why did it have to take so long for me to realize it?. I believe this surgery is a step towards taking care of me, only me and concentrating on my health and my needs first. After all I deserve it, I want to enjoy life and be happy. So, officially July 3rd.....I'm taking responsibily for my on body and my own actions to a new life, my second chance. Good luck to you all on your wls journey, I suggest we buckle our seat belts and enjoy the ride... .....
Lois M.
on 6/13/03 6:46 pm - Nelsonville, OH
I too am scheduled for July 3. We all know how we are going to celebrate or 4th of July BBQ thru an IV!!!! Wish us all luck! Lois McDonald [email protected]
Gail G.
on 6/14/03 10:08 am - Lima, OH
Another July 3rd surgery here. I remember all those weeks waiting for approval, waiting--waiting--waiting. Now it seems as if time is flying so fast! I, too, have reacted to the stress by eating; don't know if I can curb it before surgery, but I'm determined to behave after it. 18 days and a wake up and I'll be celebrating 4th of July with my new best friend: Morphine! God's healing on all my brothers and sisters....
Missy S.
on 6/20/03 1:15 pm - Bay Area, ca
Lorilee, How funny you mentioned the taking care of yourself BEFORE surgery. I too am having a pedicure and massage and facial before. I just want to honor this event and consider it like a vacation of sorts. i am really excited for you---and me! love, Missy lapband 7/3, sf calif.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views