July 7th surgery for anybody else????

Joyce H.
on 6/14/03 9:41 am - Hutchinson, KS
Hi! I am scheduled for my RNY surgery on July 7th, 2003, in Junction City, Kansas, and am wondering if there are any other Kansans who will be having their surgery on the same date?? I've found a "friend" who is having her surgery a few days after mine, through Obesityhelp.com, and she and I have been having fun together through emails, as we wait for the days to pass! I thought it'd be neat to see whether there are any others with a re-birth date of July 7th, or near that time. If so, let me know...Good luck and God bless all of us, as we go through this new aspect of our live's journey.
Carmen S.
on 6/15/03 3:24 am - lLaurel, MD
Hi!! I too am scheduled for a lap RNY on 7/7/03 however I live in MD. As the day approaches, I must admit, I get more and more anxious. I'm not sure why because I have researched this procedure for over a year. I'm leaving for a short vacation/vist to Tampa, Fla. on 6/18 to see my parents and kid brother. I think this will help me relax some. It's going to be hard to stay on my low carb/high protein 2 nasty shakes a day while I'm down there, but, my incentive is strong. My MD will cancel my surgery if you gain any wt. (I've lost 13 lbs. so far) My mother is Puerto Rican and makes the best red beans and rice in the world. BOOHOO! I can't have any but her cooking is one reason why I need this surgery now!! ( no, I really don't blame mom ) Anyway, good luck, hope all goes well, and indeed, God will be with us through this journey. Carmen
ks_girl942000
on 6/15/03 4:54 pm - Lucedale, MS
I am also having the surgery on the 7th of July. I don't live that far away either. I live in Lawrence, KS, but having the surgery in KCK at KU Medical Center. I hope everything goes good for you. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers as the day draws near. GOD BLESS YOU!!!!!
Mary C.
on 6/16/03 12:29 pm - La Mesa, Ca
I am also scheduled for July 7th. My surgery will be done by Dr. Callery in Poway, Ca. Kind of far from Kansas, but not in cyberspace. Good Luck to you and I will follow you progress on your profile. Mary Clipper
Saleen98
on 6/17/03 5:29 am - Brookshire, TX
I am scheduled for July 7th surgery, and I am so happy. I have been waiting for this day for a long time, but time seems so slow. I am having Lap RNY, by Dr. Naaman in Houston, Texas. This is the most exciting time of my life. After being denied 2 times and filing appeal after appeal I finally got approved, and this is going to be the best change I could ever make. Congratulations to all that are having surgery on July 7th.
goldylox
on 6/18/03 2:40 am - TX
I'm also having surgery on July 7th. Dr. Sweeney and Dr. Fisher will be officiating at my rebirth in Houston, TX. I'm so anxious and I can't stand the wait. After spending so much time trying to get approved for the surgery, it seems like this waiting period is taking FOREVER. Good luck ... see you on the losing side.
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views