abnormal upper gi pre-op

Jay F.
on 6/18/03 11:47 am - west haven, ct
Hi guys, I need your help/suggestions on this one..... I went for my upper GI pre-op testing yesturday and they saw something abnormal, so they took a biopsy, what the heck could it be? Cancer? ulcer? Has anyone experienced this? The results from the biopsy will not be in untill friday, now I'm scared sh--less, I have no major co-morbidities , I thought this is another chance to make a fresh new start, the question is Will I be granted another chance if something majorly is wrong with me? ............................................................
Dorothy G.
on 6/18/03 12:11 pm - Cold Brook, NY
Hi my surgery is the 3rd also in Upstate NY... I wish you all the best.. We always seem to worry if it's anything you will be notified. I'm saying a prayer for you... Good luck with your surgery...Dorothy
Patti D.
on 6/19/03 5:32 pm - Villa Park, IL
Hey Jay-sorry to hear about the glitch. I am becoming a pro at it- Failed my cardiology angiogram-(they found I have cardiomyopathy (enlarged heart) and congestive heart failure. I failed the psych test (depressed and need anti-depressants-duh) and failed the sleep study (found out I DO have sleep apnea) My surgeon says no problem-he did the surgery on a guy who needed a heart transplant but they wouldnt put him on the list because he was too fat. They did the RNY and he is a big loser. I know I am rattling but just wanted you to not stress too much. Whatever the problem it can be solved. Keep the faith. I know it's tough and don't wait around for the results call them everyday until they give you an answer. You don't need to worry forever. I know tomorrow is Friday and you should have the results and hopefully you will report back here that you will be just fine! I just have a feeling that my pre-op testing will be messed up for me also. So I may need your shoulder in a few weeks! Patti
Jay F.
on 6/20/03 10:29 am - west haven, ct
Dorthy and Patti, Thanks so much for the kind words and prayers, My prayers were answered, my biopsy was fine, Phew was really sweating bullets. So let the count down begin!! And Patti, I don't mind you leaning on my "shoulders" I have big ones anyhow..lol....Well, for now anyways. Peace and Love and Lots of luck to all of you, this is such a wonderful place to come and be embraced by people who care and have gone thru before.........Changes.......
Most Active
Recent Topics
8 years out and gained weight
Paula B. · 3 replies · 857 views
Plateau and gains and losses
robkreft · 0 replies · 609 views
need help
minischnauz · 4 replies · 704 views
Need help after 4 years....
ymebehere · 1 replies · 614 views